导读:在2016年的最后一天,CNN给2016年写了一封信,内容风趣深刻。一起来阅读下吧!
Dear 2016,
亲爱的2016:
Pack your bags; we’re done. It was one disappointment after another with you.
收拾好你的包裹,一切都结束了。与你在一起真的是一个接一个的失望。
Just how bad were you? Let us count the ways.
你到底有多坏?让我们来数一数。
You just took and took and took, 2016
你带走了一个又一个,2016
You took Prince, Bowie, Cohen.
你带走了“王子”、鲍威、科恩。
You took Pat Conroy and Harper Lee. Muhammed Ali and Arnold Palmer.
你带走了帕特·康罗伊和哈泼·李,穆罕默德·阿里和阿诺德·帕尔默。
You took Gene Wilder, Alan Rickman and Carrie Fisher.
你带走了基恩·怀尔德、阿兰·里克曼和凯瑞·费雪。
They’re all gone, too, because of you.
他们都离去了,也都是因为你。
2016, you unleashed hell
2016,你让地狱上演人间
The numbers are just mind-boggling:
这些数字都是触目惊心的:
More than 80 in the Nice truck attack.
80余人在尼斯卡车袭击当中丧生。
44 dead in the Istanbul airport blast.
44人死于伊斯坦布尔机场爆炸。
32 in the Brussels bombings.
32人在布鲁塞尔爆炸当中罹难。
49 in Orlando, in the deadliest mass shooting in US history.
49人命丧美国历史上最致命的奥兰多枪击案。
Cops shot and killed black men in Louisiana and Minnesota. A sniper killed five Dallas officers, the deadliest single incident fatality for US law enforcement since 9/11.
警察在路易斯安娜和明尼苏达枪杀黑人。一个狙击手枪杀了5名多拉斯警察,这是自9·11以来美国执法过程当中最致命的一次事件。
And the bloody, brutal Syrian civil war just dragged on. Those who were able to flee risked death in the Mediterranean’s unforgiving waters, where more people died this year than ever.
血腥、残酷的叙利亚内战战事胶着。那些有幸脱逃的人们冒死渡过无情的地中海海域,比以往更多的人也因此在这里丧生。
You dished out a lot of misery
你让太多的痛苦蔓延
It’s impossible to candy-coat it, 2016. When it came to misery, you went full-throttle.
实在是没法用“甜美”来形容你,2016。要说到带来痛苦,你可是不遗余力。
You forced thousands from their homes with historic flooding in Europe, in North Korea and in Louisiana.
你在欧洲、朝鲜以及路易斯安娜发起了史无前例的洪水,使得上万人背井离乡。
You created Haiti’s worst humanitarian crisis this decade with Hurricane Matthew. And Ecuador still hasn’t recovered from the quake in April that killed more than 600.
飓风马修给海地造成了近十年最严重的人道主义危机。此外,厄瓜多尔至今未能从4月份的那场使得600余人殒命的地震当中恢复过来。
You brought trouble to the skies, too.
你还给空域带来了麻烦。
In May, everyone aboard an EgyptAir plane died when it crashed into the Mediterranean. We still don’t know why.
5月,一架埃及航空公司客机坠入地中海,机上无人生还。其原因至今未知。
In November, a jet carrying a Brazilian soccer team crashed in Colombia, killing 71.
11月,一架载有一支巴西球队的航班在哥伦比亚坠毁,造成71人死亡。
As if all that isn’t enough, you broke the record for the hottest months ever.
好像这些都还不够,你打破记录带来了史上最炎热的几个月。
You tore us apart, 2016
你分裂了我们,2016
We’re glad the elections are over, but the wounds you inflicted will take a long time to heal.
我们庆幸大选已经结束,但是你强加给我们的伤痛需要很长一段时间才能痊愈。
Republican Donald Trump won the Electoral College and the White House. Democrat Hillary Clinton won the popular vote. And America’s torn in half and uncertain of the path ahead. Britain’s no better with Brexit.
共和党唐纳德·特朗普赢得了选举人团入主白宫,而民主党希拉里·克林顿赢得了普选。美国一分为二,前路不明。另一方面,英国脱欧也好不到哪里去。
But hey 2016, we’ll give you this
但是,嘿!2016,我们对你也有中肯之处
You get props for getting some things right, like the brightest supermoon since 1948.
你也做了一些好事,比如说你带来了1948年以来最亮的超级月亮。
Oh, and during your watch, the US unemployment rate sank to 4.6%, the lowest in 10 years.
喔,在你的眷顾之下,美国失业率降至4.6%,为近10年来最低。
So yeah, you were better than, say, the year the bubonic plague took hold in Europe, eventually killing a third of the population. But that was 1348.
所以,是的!你比黑死病肆虐欧洲那年要好,那年三分之一的人口丧生。可那是1348。
The best part of you, 2016, is December 31 — the day you slink out of town.
2016,你最好的一天是12月31日——这一天你悄然而去。
Let’s hope 2017 is as good as you were bad.
让我们祝愿2017的好等同于你的坏。
Sincerely,
敬礼!
The world.
世界