夏至到啦!小伙伴们有没有感受到夏天的火辣呢?是不是感觉自己马上要被晒干了?
高温也不要烦躁哦,一起学学“夏至”相关的英语表达吧,用英语一起吐槽这炎炎酷暑~
Tourists walk near the Palma de Mallorca Cathedral in Mallorca, Spain, June 17, 2021. REUTERS/Enrique Calvo
夏至
“夏至”古时又称“夏节”、“夏至节”,是我国最早的节日之一,夏至过后,天气会越来越热。
“夏至”的英语是Summer Solstice (the day of the year with the most hours of daylight)。
solstice /'sɑlstəs/的意思是:至,至日;至点。所以,summer+solstice就是“夏至”的意思啦。
“酷暑”怎么表达?
1 It’s stiflingly hot. I can hardly study!
天气太闷热了,我根本没法好好学习!
2 It’s raining fire! The road is melting and I am leaking/ sweating.
太热了!感觉浑身都在滴汗,路也在融化。
3 If we do not escape the heat, it is easy to have sunstroke and emotionally.
这样的天气不避暑,不仅身体会中暑,情绪也会中暑的!
4 I am sweating like a pig, and I'm not doing anything.
虽然我什么都没做,但还是汗流浃背。
5 Let's stay at home; you could fry eggs on the sidewalk.
我们呆在家里吧,人行道上都可以煎蛋了。
6 It's too hot to think. I need to find some place to cool off.
热得我都没法思考,我需要找个地方凉快凉快。
7 Today is a thermometer breaker! Let's go swimming.
今天热得温度计都要爆了!我们去游泳吧。
8 It's hot with a capital "H". Turn up the air conditioner!
今天是最热的一天,快把空调打开!
9 It's not just hot, it's Africa hot! this weather is terrible.
不止是热,是像非洲一样热!天热得吓人。
10 It's hot enough to melt hell. I hope it will be cooler soon.
现在热得足以把地狱熔化了,希望很快能够凉快一点。
(来源:英语教学微信公众号)