您的位置 首页 零基础英语

传递下去,就是最好的报答

Stocking up for Winter?,囤货过冬?said the cashier with a smile.收银员面带微笑的问我She was looking at my shopping cart她正看着我的购物车which was full of toaster pastries里面装满了做吐司用的面粉and big boxes of cereal.

"Stocking up for Winter?",

囤货过冬?

传递下去,就是最好的报答

said the cashier with a smile.

收银员面带微笑的问我

She was looking at my shopping cart

她正看着我的购物车

which was full of toaster pastries

里面装满了做吐司用的面粉

and big boxes of cereal.

还有大盒大盒的燕麦片

I knew that question was coming.

我已然猜到她会这样问我

A little earlier

早一点的时候

I had stopped into the local food pantry

我去了一趟当地的社会福利食堂

to see if there was any small thing that I might contribute.

想要看看,自己能否做出贡献,做一点小小的事情

The shelves held canned vegetables,

食品架上有罐装的蔬菜

canned tuna fish,

还有金枪鱼罐头

boxes of macaroni and cheese,

几盒通心粉和奶酪

and many other things.

以及许多其他的东西

They were short of breakfast foods, though,

不过,早餐的食物供应不足

so I thought I would give what I could.

于是我想,我会奉献出自己所能的力量

I walked into a local store

我走进当地的超市

and started to fill my cart with Pop Tarts

在购物车里装满了果塔饼干

and boxes of Cherrios, and Corn Flakes.

玉米片和玉米麦片

I remembered loving them all for breakfast

我记得自己曾经喜欢所有这些早餐的食物

when I was a hungry, little boy growing up

当我还是一个饥肠辘辘的小男孩,期盼着长大的时候

and I hoped

我希望

what I bought might feed a few hungry, little bellies today.

今天我买的东西也能喂饱那些饿着肚子的小朋友

I smiled back at the cashier

我回给她一个微笑

and said,

并且说到

 "It's for the food pantry."

这是为福利食堂买的

I usually tried to get out of the store without mentioning it,

往常,我总会默默的走出超市

because an anonymous act of kindness is the best kind.

因为不留名的善举才是最好的

I didn't want any recognition or praise for what I did.

我不希望因为自己的举动得到大张旗鼓的嘉奖

I had needed to use the food pantries myself

曾经我自己也吃过福利食堂的饭

when I was an unemployed

那时我找不到工作

and struggling young father

初为人父,苦苦挣扎

with a family to feed.

还有一家人要养活

And it felt so right

现在我感到多么幸福

to complete this circle of love

完成了这个爱的环路

and give back to others in need.

回馈爱心给那些有需要的人

I knew too that

我也知道

I was doing what my destiny wanted me to do

我所做的,是我命中注定应该做的事

and that is the only reward any of us ever needs.

知道这一点,是所有人需要的唯一的回馈

Love fills the universe.

宇宙中充斥着爱

It is in every human heart.

它存在于每个人的心中

It is in every act of kindness no matter how small.

爱存在于每一个善举之中,无论这善举多么微不足道

It is a glorious tapestry

这是一个光辉的整体

of which we all are a part.

每个人都是其中的一部分

It is so big that it is beyond comprehension.

它如此浩瀚,超出我们的认知

Still, we are all required to take our place in that tapestry.

但无论如何,我们都被要求成为这个整体的一部分

we are all required to step into the circle of love that never ends.

我们都被要求踏入这永不枯竭的爱的河流之中

we are all required to give, to care, and to share.

我们都被要求去给予,去关怀,去分享

Take your place in the tapestry then.

所以,投入这个生命的整体吧

Be kind.

做善良的人

Be loving.

做充满爱心的人

Help others every chance you can.

只要有机会,就去帮助别人

Become part of something big

成为大整体的一部分

while doing something small.

同时做微小的善事

本文来自网络,不代表英语网立场,转载请注明出处:https://www.yingyuw.cn/en/27494.html

为您推荐