您的位置 首页 实用英语

英语美文:爱到底是什么?爱是战争

Do you know what love is?你知道爱是什么吗?I think it's a hot bath.我认为它就像是泡热水澡。What happens to things when you leave them in a bath for too long?而如果你把东西在浴缸里放太久,会发生什么?They get soft and

Do you know what love is?

你知道爱是什么吗?

I think it's a hot bath.

我认为它就像是泡热水澡。

What happens to things when you leave them in a bath for too long?

而如果你把东西在浴缸里放太久,会发生什么?

英语美文:爱到底是什么?爱是战争

They get soft and fall apart.

它们会变软,然后变得支离破碎。

It's a war. Life is a war. The things we endure are battles of this war.

爱是一场战争。人生是就是一场战争。我们忍受的一切都是这场战争中的一场场战役。

Let's look back into history, into all those disasters that people have survived from.

让我们回望历史吧,看看人类挺过的所有那些灾难。

Who are the survivors? The lovers or the fighters?

最后幸存的是谁?是恋人?还是战士?

Yes, the answer is clear.

答案当然很明显。

All those romantic stories and political propagandas keep selling us this lie that love is gonna save us.

所有的那些浪漫故事和政治宣传都在向我们兜售一种谎言:爱会拯救我们。

But no, sometimes all it does is just make us stupid and weak.

但并不是这么回事,有时候爱只能让我们变蠢、变软弱。

The hard truth is: Love isn't gonna save us. It's what we have to save.

真相很残酷:爱是拯救不了我们的。它是我们需要去拯救的东西。

Pain makes us strong enough to do it. All our scars, our anger, our despair, they are the armour.

而痛苦能让我们强大到足以去拯救它。我们的那些伤痕、那些愤怒、那些绝望,是我们的盔甲。

Some say life loves the sinners best because their fire burns the brightest.

有些人说上天最眷顾的其实是那些罪人,因为这些人的生命之火最为明亮。

So this is my point of view: There's no love for the weak, because they cannot protect it.

所以,这就是我的观点:弱者是不会拥有爱的,因为他们没有办法保护它。

It's only for the strong.

只有强者才能拥有它。

And that's why you have to fight. That's why you have to burn.

这就是为什么你必须奋斗下去。这就是为什么你必须燃烧。

本文来自网络,不代表英语网立场,转载请注明出处:https://www.yingyuw.cn/en/27584.html

为您推荐