您的位置 首页 英语口语

"我遇到堵车了"的地道表达

traffic jam交通堵塞be caught up in a traffic jamget stuck in a traffic jam遇到交通堵塞VIP=very important person非常重要的人;贵宾expect等待;期待expect a visit/call from sb等待来自某人的来访/电话We were expecting him yes

traffic jam

交通堵塞

be caught up in a traffic jam

get stuck in a traffic jam

遇到交通堵塞

VIP=very important person

非常重要的人;贵宾

\

expect

等待;期待

expect a visit/call from sb

等待来自某人的来访/电话

We were expecting him yesterday.

我们昨天一直在等他。

Are you expecting visitors?

你在等客人吗?

A: Sorry to be late, I was caught up in a traffic jam. Am I the last guest to arrive?

很抱歉迟到了,我遇到了交通堵塞。我是最后一个来的客人吗?

B: Yes, VIPs always are. It's quite all right. You're a very important person at this party.

是的,贵宾总是姗姗来迟,所以很正常。你是这次聚会非常重要的人。

A: Oh, please don't.

请别这样说。

B: I was just kidding. We've been expecting you the whole time.

我只是开了个玩笑,我们都在等你呢。

本文来自网络,不代表英语网立场,转载请注明出处:https://www.yingyuw.cn/en/28452.html

为您推荐