实用表达
ace the test 考高分
Look! I aced the test! I'm so happy!
看!我这次考得好极了!我太高兴了!
pass the test 通过考试
I got a B on the test. I passed, but I think I could have done better.
我考试得了B. 我考过了,但是我本应考得更好的!
fail the test 考试挂科了
OMG. I failed the test. My mom's gonna kill me!!
天啊。我这次考试挂科了。我妈妈还不得打死我!
mess up
搞砸
I messed up badly.
我考砸了。
resit
补考
I'll have to resit the exam next term.
我下个学期要重修。
cram
突击准备(考试)
He's been cramming for his exams all night.
他整个晚上都在拼命准备应考。
经典对话
A: You look better today. What did your test go?
你今天看起来好多了,你的测试怎么样?
B: Much better than it did yesterday.
比昨天好多了。
A: Did you pass?
及格了吗?
B: I not only passed my test, but I aced it. I'm so happy.
不仅及格了,而且成绩还特别高,我真高兴。
A: You should be. You worked really hard last night, preparing for it.
应该的,你昨天晚上复习的特别认真。
B: Thanks for helping me with it. If you hadn't encouraged me to do my best, I wouldn't have ever been able to pass.
谢谢你帮我复习,如果不是你鼓励我要全力以赴,我肯定及不了格。
A: You don't have to thank me. It's just a part of my job as your counsellor.
你不用感谢我,作为你的辅导员,这是我工作份内的事。
B: Did you always do well at school?
你上学的时候是不是总是学得很好?
A: No. In fact, I was terrible at taking exams.
不是,实际上,我曾经很害怕考试。
B: Really?
真的吗?
A: Sure. But my teachers always encouraged me to do the best that I could and that helped me a lot. When are your final exams?
没错,不过我的老师总是鼓励我让我尽力而为,这帮了我不少忙。你们的期末考试是什么时候?
B: I'll get my finals in two months.
两个月以后。
A: When do you plan on studying for those exams?
你打算什么时候开始准备这些考试?
B: Most students just cram the night beforehand.
大多数学生都打算在考试前夕突击。
A: Do you think that's a good idea?
你觉得这是个好办法吗?
B: No. I think I should study a little bit at a time, starting a few weeks before the exam.
不是,我想我应该平时每次学一点,考试前再提早几周复习。
A: That sounds like a good idea. What are you going to do if you have any questions while you're studying?
这样听起来还不错。如果学习的时候遇到困难,你会怎么办?
B: I'll go and talk to my professor or a learning support assistant.
我会去找我的教授或者助教咨询。
A: It sounds like you've learned something useful this year.
听起来,你这一年学了不少有用的东西了嘛。