实用句子
I want a raise.
我要加薪。
Could we possibly discuss my salary sometime?
我们能找个时间讨论一下我的薪水问题吗?
It's enough to live on.
养家糊口够了。
The best thing about my job is that I get lots of benefits——a company pension, private health insurance and things like that.
这份工作最棒的地方就是福利好,有公司养老金,个人健康保险和类似这样的其他福利。
You may have one-month of paid holiday every year.
你每年有一个月的带薪休假。
I want a promotion.
我想升职。
经典对话
A: Could we possibly discuss my salary sometime?
我们可不可以找一些时间谈谈我的工资问题?
B: Sure.
当然可以。
A: First of all, I want you to know that I really like working for this company. Do you think I'm doing a good job here?
首先,我想跟您说,我非常喜欢在咱们公司工作。你觉得我干得还不错吧?
B: Well. You're a very hard-worker.
嗯,你工作非常勤恳。
A:I try very hard. The problem is my salary just isn't enough to live on. Now that I have a wife and a child to support, we hardly have enough money for food and rent.
我非常卖力了。问题是,我的工资不够养家糊口。因为我家里还有老婆和孩子,我们的钱都不足以支付房租和饮食的开销。
B: There are trying times for everyone. What do you propose?
每个人都有一段困难的时期,你有什么建议?
A: I could really use a 5% raise.
我想涨百分之五的工资。
B: That's quite a bit. If I give you a raise, I'm going to have to give everyone a raise.
太多了。如果你涨了,大家都得涨。
A: Listen, if you give me a raise, I'll take on extra responsibilities.
你听我说,如果你给我涨工资,我可以承担更多的责任。
B: That sounds reasonable. How about this? From now on, you can be responsible for scheduling. That means if you can't find someone to cover a shift, then you'll have to do it.
这听起来很合理。要不这样吧,从现在开始倒班安排由你负责。那就是说如果有人不能值班,你就得自己来值班。
A: That's fine. Do I get over-time for any extra hours that I work?
行,如果我超时工作的话会按加班算吗?
B: Of course. It'll be against the law If we didn't.
当然算,不然我们就违法了。
A: That sounds good to me. I really appreciate it.
这似乎对我挺合适的,太感谢你了。
B: You're welcome. come in early tomorrow and I'll show you how to do the scheduling.
不客气,明天早点来,我告诉你怎么排班。