您的位置 首页 英语阅读

杰夫·贝索斯:印度的亚马逊(5)

I think the other thing I would suggest to any young person even before they start their career is to really think about their choices.我想我对年轻人的另一个建议是,在他们开始他们的职业生涯之前,要认真考虑他们的选择。Bec

I think the other thing I would suggest to any young person even before they start their career is to really think about their choices.

我想我对年轻人的另一个建议是,在他们开始他们的职业生涯之前,要认真考虑他们的选择。

Because I find young people, when I was young I had I made this mistake too.

因为我发现年轻人,当我年轻的时候,我也犯了这个错误。

You can get very fixed on your gifts, so everybody has gifts.

你可以非常注重你的天赋,所以每个人都有天赋。

You know you have gifts and you have things that you didn't get gifted.

你知道你有天赋,也有你没有天赋的东西。

Maybe you're extremely beautiful, maybe you're extremely good at mathematics.

也许你长得非常漂亮,也许你的数学非常好。

Maybe you, there are a lot of things that you can be given.

也许你,你可以被给予很多东西。

But those things can confuse you because they're not the things that construct your life.

但这些东西可能会让你感到困惑,因为它们不是构成你生活的东西。

It's your choices that construct your life, not your gifts.

是你的选择构成了你的生活,而不是你的天赋。

You can celebrate your gifts; be proud of them be happy of them.

你可以庆祝你的天赋,为它们感到骄傲,为它们感到高兴。

Actually, don't be proud of them, be celebratory of them.

事实上,不要为他们感到骄傲,不要为他们庆祝。

You can't be proud because they're gifts, they were given to you, you didn't earn them.

你不能骄傲,因为它们是天赋,是上天赐予你的,不是你挣来的。

You can only be proud of the things you earn and so as I got older, I started to realize I wasn't proud of my gifts.

你只能为你赚到的东西感到骄傲,所以随着我年龄的增长,我开始意识到我并不为我的天赋感到自豪。

I was always good at school; school was always easy for me and I was always proud that I was a great student.

我在学校成绩一直很好;上学对我来说总是很容易的,我总是为自己是一个好学生而感到自豪。

I got A's in all my classes; I was good at math all of that.

我所有的课程都得了A,我的数学都很好。

And I thought that's who I was, but it's not true.

我以为那就是我,但这不是真的。

Those are the things that are gifts what was hard for me is deciding to work hard, deciding to use my gifts in certain ways.

这些都是天赋,最难的是决定努力工作,决定以某种方式运用我的天赋。

To challenge myself to do things that I didn't think I could do.

去挑战自己,去做一些我认为自己做不到的事情。

杰夫·贝索斯:印度的亚马逊(5)

To put myself in uncomfortable situations.

跳出舒适圈

We all get, I would say to a young person you can choose a life of ease and comfort or you can choose a life of service and adventure.

我想对年轻人说,你可以选择安逸舒适的生活,也可以选择奉献和冒险的生活。

Which one of those when you're 90 years old, are you going to be more proud of?

当你90岁的时候,你会为其中的哪一个感到更自豪?

I want to know Jeff, where I started from actually.

我想知道杰夫,我到底是从哪里开始的。

Is there a job, if it wasn't Amazon if it wasn't business related?

还有不和亚马逊,不和商业相关的工作吗?

Is there something else you started all over again at this age and stage and you took on a different profession?

在这个年龄和阶段,有没有什么事情是你重新开始的,然后你开始了不同的职业?

Would there be one that is close to your heart?

会有一个遵从你的心的吗?

I would be very curious today, if I were a young college student today, I would be very interested in biotechnology.

我今天会非常好奇,如果我现在是一名年轻的大学生,我会对生物技术非常感兴趣。

I think biotechnology is a just a fascinating arena that probably in the near in the next 10 or 20 years is going to be a golden age of biotech.

我认为生物技术只是一个令人着迷的领域,在不久的将来,可能在未来10年或20年内,它将成为生物技术的黄金时代。

One of the golden ages that's happening right now before our eyes is also artificial intelligence and machine learning.

现在我们眼前正在发生的黄金时代之一也是人工智能和机器学习。

So, that's another arena that I would be very interested in.

所以,这是我非常感兴趣的另一个竞技场。

My backup career is I’m a very good bartender.

我的替补职业就是我是个很棒的调酒师。

So, if all else fails, you'll see me at the local bar, and I’ll be making drinks slowly but they'll be good.

所以,如果其他方法都失败了,你会在当地的酒吧看到我,我会慢慢地调制饮料,但它们会很好。

If there's one thing you could have more of, what would that be?

如果有一样东西你可以拥有更多,那会是什么?

One thing I could have more of, I mean the obvious answer is time.

有一件事我可以得到更多,就是时间。

You know it is time to do, I like time.

你知道时间到了,我喜欢时间。

I'm not efficient with my time, because efficiency there's an embedded assumption when you're being efficient.

我不能有效利用我的时间,因为当你效率很高的时候,你会有一个内在的假设。

And the embedded assumption is that you know where you're going.

而内在的假设是,你知道你要去哪里。

I like to wander, because it's wandering that allows you to invent and to explore and to follow your curiosity.

我喜欢漫游,因为正是漫游让你去发明,去探索,去追随你的好奇心。

But wandering is very time consuming, and so if I could have one more thing it would just be more time.

所以如果我能多做一件事,那就是多花些时间。

So, wonderful.

所以,太棒了。

A big round of applause for Jeff and for Zoya.

给杰夫和佐亚热烈的掌声。

Thank you so much.

非常感谢。

本文来自网络,不代表英语网立场,转载请注明出处:https://www.yingyuw.cn/en/28767.html

为您推荐