节目寄语:
每日床头啃一段语篇,您的生活质量更加高。
特别声明:
该文章中的讲解为可可签约编辑根据改编的名著所编写的参考资料。如有出入,请给予指正。
啃嚼语段:
"I"m very tired and hungry,"answered Oliver, almost crying."I"ve been walking for a week."
“我又累又饿,”奥利弗几乎是哭着回答说,“我走了整整一星期的路了。”
"A week! The magistrate"s order, was it?"
“一星期!是治安推事的命令吗?”
"The magistrate?What"s that?"
“治安推事,是什么?”
"A magistrate"s a kind of judge,"explained the surprised young gentleman.
“治安推事是一种法官。”那位感到惊讶的年轻先生解释说。
He realized Oliver did not have much experience of the world.
他明白了奥利弗涉世不深,没有多少经验。
"Never mind that.You want some food," he went on. "I haven"t got much money but don"t worry-I"ll pay."
“别去管那些了。你现在需要吃点东西。”他接着说,“我身上没多少钱,但是别担心——我会付钱的。”
The boy helped Oliver to his feet, and took him to a pub.
这个男孩扶奥利弗站起来,带他走进一家小酒馆。
Meat, bread, and beer were placed before Oliver, and his new friend urged him to satisfy his hunger.
肉、面包和啤酒摆在了奥利弗面前。他的新朋友催他快解除饥饿。
While Oliver was eating, the strange boy looked at him from time to time with great attention.
奥利弗吃东西时,这个陌生的男孩不时注意地盯着他看。
"Going to London?" he asked him finally.
“去伦敦吗?”他最后问。
"Yes."
“是的。”
"Got anywhere to live?"
“有地方住吗?”
"No."
“没有。”
"Money?"
“有钱吗?”
"No."
“没有。”
The strange boy whistled, and put his arms into his pockets as far as the big coat sleeves would allow him.
这陌生的男孩吹了声口哨,将两只手插进了衣袋里,直到宽大的衣袖挡住不能再插进去为止。
"I suppose you want to sleep somewhere tonight, don"t you?"
“我想你今儿晚上得找个睡觉的地儿,是不是?”
"I do," replied Oliver. "I haven"t slept under a roof since I started my journey."
“是的。”奥利弗回答说,“这一路上我从来没在屋顶下睡过觉。”
"Well, don"t worry.I"ve got to be in London tonight, and I know a very nice old gentleman there who"ll let you live in his place and not even ask you for money!"
“别担心,今儿晚上我也得去伦敦。我认识那儿一个非常好的老先生,他会让你住在他那儿的,而且不要你的钱!”
语段精讲
第一、词汇学习
1 urge adj. 诚恳地或持续地催促(某人)
范例:Don't give in now,' she urged.
她鼓励道:“先别认输。”
He urged that we should go.
他催我们走。
2 satisfy vt. 满足(需要﹑ 愿望等); 达到(要求等)
范例:She has satisfied the conditions for entry into the college.
她已符合进入这所学院的条件。
3 whistle vi. 吹口哨
范例:He whistled a happy tune as he walked along.
他边走边用口哨吹着快乐的曲子。
第二、短语学习
1. as far as:到......程度,远到......
范例:This is a book, which I dare say, is unequaled as far as translation practice is concerned.
就翻译训练而言我认为这是一本无出其右的好书。
You'll be accompanied as far as the border, thereafter you must find your own way.
有人送你到边境,然后你必须自己走了。
2. from time to time:不时地
范例:A certain humbling from time to time is good.
不时受点儿屈辱是有好处的。
From time to time I will examine you on the work you have done.
我会不时地考核你所做的工作。
Mary Lamb had to be put away from time to time.
玛丽·兰姆不得不多次被送进精神病院。
From time to time the wind wuthered in the chimney at his back.
风常常在他背后的烟囱内呼呼地吹着。
3. with great attention:特别注意地,极大关注地
范例:She extremely precise with great attention to details.
她十分注重细节。
4. never mind:(1)不用担心,别管,(2)不要紧,没关系
范例:Never mind what he said, I want your opinion.
别理会他的话,我想听听你的意见。
Never mind the rest. I follow your general idea.
不必说下去了,我一概遵命就是了。
Never mind what he says, let's see what he does.
不在乎他怎么说,要看他怎么做。
Never mind crying a little, Miss Doolittle.
Doolittle小姐,哭一下不要紧。
5. go on:继续
范例:After a while I said,"Let's go on if you're rested."
过了一会儿我说,“我们走吧,要是你休息好了的话。”
Go on with your story; I am all ears.
继续讲你的故事,我洗耳恭听。
I have wiped tears away now, and can go on again properly.
我现在已经擦干了眼泪,又可以心平气和地说下去了。
Her heart thumped so that she could scarcely see to go on.
她的心跳得几乎不能继续下去。
6. ask sb. for sth:问某人要某物
范例:They did not ask me for advice .
他们没向我征求意见。
You have get the gall to ask me for help.
你还有脸求我帮忙。
You forgot to ask me for the change.
你忘了问我要找回零钱。
He had the assurance to ask me for money.
他竟厚着脸皮向我要钱。
第三、写作语汇
1. have much experience of the world:涉世不浅,涉世很深
2. help sb to his feet:帮助某人站起来
第四、语法点拨
"I"m very tired and hungry,"answered Oliver, almost crying.
要点解析:划线部分是现在分词短语做伴随状况状语。