Hello, Chicago! It's good to be home! Thank you! Thank you, everybody. All right, everybody sit down.
你好,芝加哥!回家的感觉真好!非常感谢。谢谢大家。好的大家都坐下吧,
We're on live TV here. I've got to move. come on!
我们正在电视直播呢。我得继续呢,可以了!
You can tell that I'm a lame duck because nobody is following instructions. Everybody have a seat.
看来我的确是个跛脚鸭总统呢,都没人听我的指示。好了大家都坐下吧。
My fellow Americans -- Michelle and I have been so touched by all the well wishes that we've received over the past few weeks.
我的美国同胞们,最近几周,米歇尔和我收到了无数令人感动的祝福,
But tonight, tonight, it's my turn to say thanks.
今晚轮到我来表达谢意了。
Whether we have seen eye-to-eye or rarely agreed at all,
不管我们曾经意见相合还是相左,
my conversations with you, the American people,
各位美国同胞,我同你们的每一次对话,
in living rooms and in schools, at farms, on factory floors, at diners and on distant military outposts
不管是在会客厅还是在学校,在农场还是工厂车间,在餐桌上还是在遥远的边哨,
those conversations are what have kept me honest, and kept me inspired, and kept me going.
这些交流都让我保持真诚,充满斗志,勇往直前。
And every day, I have learned from you.
每一天,我都从你们身上学到东西。
You made me a better President, and you made me a better man.
是你们让我成为一个更好的总统,一个更好的人。
So I first came to Chicago when I was in my early 20s.
我第一次来到芝加哥的时候,还是一个20岁出头的小伙子,
And I was still trying to figure out who I was, still searching for a purpose in my life.
试图寻找自我定位,寻找生活的目标。
And it was a neighborhood not far from here where I began working with church groups in the shadows of closed steel mills.
我最初就是在这附近的街区,在一个被关闭的钢厂旁,和教会团体一起工作。
It was on these streets where I witnessed the power of faith, and the quiet dignity of working people in the face of struggle and loss.
我就是在这里的街道上见证了信仰的力量,见证了这些靠双手吃饭的人面对生活的挣扎和失利时展现出的泰然自若。