If I had told you eight years ago that America would reverse a great recession, reboot our auto industry,
八年前,如果我告诉你们美国会走出衰退,重振汽车工业,
and unleash the longest stretch of job creation in our history,
实现历史上最长时间的工作增长,
if I had told you that we would open up a new chapter with the Cuban people,
如果我告诉你们我们会开启同古巴的新篇章,
shut down Iran's nuclear weapons program without firing a shot, take out the mastermind of 9/11,
兵不血刃地停止伊朗核试验、消灭911的幕后元凶,
if I had told you that we would win marriage equality,
如果我告诉你们我们会实现婚姻平等、
and secure the right to health insurance for another 20 million of our fellow citizens,
为另外2000万同胞提供医保权利,
if I had told you all that, you might have said our sights were set a little too high.
如果我告诉你们所有这些,你也许会说,我们的目标定得太高了。
But that's what we did.
但是我们做到了。
That's what you did.
这是你们每个人的成就。
You were the change.
你们就是变革本身,
You answered people's hopes, and because of you, by almost every measure,
你们回应了人民的希望,因为你们,无论从哪个角度看,
America is a better, stronger place than it was when we started.
美国都是一个比原来更美好、更强大的国家。
In 10 days, the world will witness a hallmark of our democracy.
10天后,世界将再一次见证我们的民主。
Nooo! No, no, no, no, no, the peaceful transfer of power from one freely elected President to the next.
不!不,不,不,不,不——自由选举选出的总统之间,权力交接应当是和平的。
I committed to President-elect Trump that my administration would ensure the smoothest possible transition,
我已经向即将就职总统的特朗普先生保证过,我的团队将会尽己所能保证平稳交接,
just as President Bush did for me.
就像当年布什总统将权力交给我时那样。
Because it's up to all of us to make sure our government can help us meet the many challenges we still face.
因为我们每个人都有责任保证我们的政府可以继续应对我们仍然面临的诸多挑战。