您的位置 首页 英语阅读

在感恩节团结在一起(2)

We are always, simply, Americans.简单地说,我们一直是美国人。That's why, through the fog of Civil War, President Lincoln saw what mattered most - the unalienable truths for which so many gave their lives,也因此,透过内

We are always, simply, Americans.

简单地说,我们一直是美国人。

That's why, through the fog of Civil War, President Lincoln saw what mattered most - the unalienable truths for which so many gave their lives,

也因此,透过内战的迷雾,林肯总统看到了最至关重要的--不可剥夺的事实,众多的人献出了他们的生命,

and which made possible "a new birth of freedom."

然后让"自由的新生"成为可能。

And so precisely when the fate of the Union hung in the balance,

在感恩节团结在一起(2)

因此恰恰是在联邦命运飘忽不定的时候,

he boldly proclaimed a day of Thanksgiving,

他庄严地宣告了感恩节,

when the nation's gifts "should be solemnly, reverently, and gratefully acknowledged,

那是国家的礼物"应该是严肃的,虔诚的,被感激公认地,

as with one heart and one voice by the whole American people."

作为全部美国民众同心同德,一起发声。"

Today, we continue to give thanks for those blessings, and to all who ensured that they would be our inheritance.

今天我们继续向那些祝福感恩,向所有那些确保着他们将是我们遗产的人们感恩。

We remember the determined patriots who landed at the edge of the world in search of freedom.

我们牢记,有决心的爱国者们,在世界的角落登陆来寻找自由。

We give thanks to the brave men and women who defend that freedom in every corner of the world.

我们感恩英勇的男男女女,他们捍卫着世界上每一个角落的自由。

And we honor all people - from the First Americans to our newest arrivals - who continue to shape our nation's story, enrich our heritage,

我们向所有的人们致敬--从最初的美国人到现在新成为我们的人--他们一直塑造着我们国家的故事,丰富着我们的遗产,

and give meaning to our founding values, values we must never take for granted.

并为我们的建国理念带来了新的意义,我们永远不能认为这样的理念是理所当然的。

本文来自网络,不代表英语网立场,转载请注明出处:https://www.yingyuw.cn/en/29116.html

为您推荐