您的位置 首页 英语阅读

总统呼吁确保美国引领世界开拓新边疆(1)

Hi everybody. On Thursday, I traveled to Pittsburgh for the White House Frontiers Conference,大家好。周四,我来到匹斯堡参加白宫前沿大会。where some of America's leading minds came together在那里,一些美国的领袖人

Hi everybody. On Thursday, I traveled to Pittsburgh for the White House Frontiers Conference,

大家好。周四,我来到匹斯堡参加白宫前沿大会。

where some of America's leading minds came together

在那里,一些美国的领袖人物聚在一起,

to talk about how we can empower our people through science to lead our communities, our country, and our world into tomorrow.

探讨我们如何通过科学武装我们的人民,引领我们的社区,我们的国家和我们的世界走向明天。

Plus, we had some fun. I had a chance to fly a space flight simulator where I docked a capsule on the International Space Station.

总统呼吁确保美国引领世界开拓新边疆(1)

还有,我们做了一些有趣的事情。我有机会飞行在宇宙飞行仿真器中,在里面我停驻在国际空间站的太空舱中。

I met a young man who'd been paralyzed for more than a decade - but thanks to breakthrough brain implants, today,

我们见了一个年轻人,他已经瘫痪十来年了--但是多亏了突破性的大脑植入技术,现在,

he can not only move a prosthetic arm, but actually feel with the fingers.

他不仅能移动假肢,实际上已经能够用手指去感觉。

It's awe-inspiring stuff.

这是令人惊叹的事情。

And it shows how investing in science and technology spurs our country towards new jobs and new industries;

这显示出,如何在科学和技术上投资来激励我们的国家,发展出更多新的就业岗位和新的产业;

new discoveries that improve and save lives.

在新发现上投资,改善和拯救生命。

That's always been our country's story, from a Founding Father with an idea to fly a kite in a thunderstorm,

这一直是我们国家的故事。从一位国父有想法而在雷雨天放风筝,

to the women who solved the equations to take us into space, to the engineers who brought us the internet.

到解出了方程的妇女,让我们能够进入太空,到把我们带到互联网世界的工程师。

Innovation is in our DNA.

创新是深入到我们DNA中的。

And today, we need it more than ever to solve the challenges we face.

今天,我们比以往更需要创新,来解决我们面对的挑战。

only through science can we cure diseases, and save the only planet we've got,

只有通过科学,我们才能治愈众多的疾病,拯救我们拥有的唯一的星球,

and ensure that America keeps its competitive advantages as the world's most innovative economy.

确保美国拥有竞争优势,有着世界上最具创新型的经济。

本文来自网络,不代表英语网立场,转载请注明出处:https://www.yingyuw.cn/en/29136.html

为您推荐