您的位置 首页 英语阅读

总统期待美国复苏迈出更为坚实脚步

Hi, everybody.大家好!About a year ago, I promised that 2014 would be a breakthrough year for America.1年以前我曾向大家许下承诺,2014年是美国的突破之年。And this week, we got more evidence to back that up.而本周我们如约

Hi, everybody.

大家好!

about a year ago, I promised that 2014 would be a breakthrough year for America.

1年以前我曾向大家许下承诺,2014年是美国的突破之年。

And this week, we got more evidence to back that up.

而本周我们如约履行了这个承诺,有了更多证明。

In December, our businesses created 240,000 new jobs.

12月,我们的企业共创造了24万个就业岗位。

The unemployment rate fell to 5.6%.

失业率下降到5.6%。

That means that 2014 was the strongest year for job growth since the 1990s.

这也意味着2014年成为自上世纪90年代以来就业增长最快的一年。

In 2014, unemployment fell faster than it has in three decades.

同时2014年也成为30年来失业率下降最快的一年。

Over a 58-month streak, our businesses have created 11.2 million new jobs.

连续58个月的就业持续增长,我们的企业共创造了1120万个就业岗位。

After a decade of decline, American manufacturing is in its best stretch of job growth since the ‘90s.

经历了10多年的低迷,美国的制造业再次成为自上世纪90年代以来推动就业增长最显著的力量。

America is now the world's number one producer of oil and gas, helping to save drivers about a buck-ten a gallon at the pump over this time last year.

现在,美国的原油、天然气产量位居全球首位,自去年来油价每加仑下降了1.1美元,为广大司机节省了费用。

总统期待美国复苏迈出更为坚实脚步

Thanks to the Affordable Care Act, about 10 million Americans have gained health insurance in the past year alone.

由于有了《平价医疗保险法》,仅去年就有1000多万美国民众获得医疗保险。

We have cut our deficits by about two-thirds.

我们将财政赤字减少了2/3。

And after 13 long years, our war in Afghanistan has come to a responsible end, and more of our brave troops have come home.

经过13个漫长的岁月,我们的阿富汗战争终于宣告结束,更多英勇的军人返回家乡。

It has been six years since the crisis.

经济危机已经过去6年。

Those years have demanded hard work and sacrifice on everybody's part.

这些年每个人都付出了艰辛的努力和牺牲。

So as a country, we have every right to be proud of what we've got to show for it.

作为一个国家,我们有权为所取得的成就而感到自豪。

America's resurgence is real.

美国复苏步伐坚实。

And now that we've got some calmer waters, if we all do our part, if we all pitch in, we can make sure that tide starts lifting all boats again.

现在我们信心更加坚定,只要我们做好自己,只要我们全情投入,我们确信我们会再次乘风破浪勇往直前。

We can make sure that the middle class is the engine that powers America's prosperity for decades to come.

我们确信,中产阶级将成为未来数十年里美国繁荣发展的强劲动力。

That'll be the focus of my State of the Union Address in a couple weeks-building on the progress we've made.

以上将是我两周之后的国情咨文重点论述的内容—再接再厉,再创辉煌。

But I figured, why wait-let's get started right now.

但我同时也想强调,为什么要等待,何不从现在开始。

On Wednesday, I visited a Ford plant outside of Detroit-because the American auto industry and its home state are redefining the word “comeback.”

周三,我视察了底特律市郊的一家福特工厂,美国的汽车产业以及这一产业的故乡正在重新定义“回归”这个词。

On Thursday, I traveled to Arizona, a state that was hit among the hardest by the housing crisis, to announce a new plan that will put hundreds of dollars in new homeowners' pockets, and help more new families buy their first home.

周四,我访问了亚利桑那州,那里在次贷危机中受到的冲击最为严重,在那里,我宣布了一项新的计划,将为新房购买者节约数百美元,并帮助更多新婚家庭买到第一套房子。

And, I'm speaking with you today from Pellissippi State Community College in Tennessee, a state making big strides in education, to unveil my new plan to make two years ofcommunity college free for every responsible student.

今天,我在田纳西州的贝里西比州立社区大学发表演讲,该州在教育改革上取得重大突破,在这里我宣布为所有有进取心的学生提供两年的免费教育。

I'm also here to establish a new hub that will attract more good-paying, high-tech manufacturing jobs to our shores.

同时,在这里我还宣布建立一家新的工厂,将更多高薪水、高技术的制造业工作岗位吸引到国内。

Making homeownership easier.

让购房者压力小一点。

Bringing a higher education within reach.

尽力让所有人得到更好的教育。

Creating more good jobs that pay good wages.

创造更多高薪的好工作。

These are just some of the ways we can help every American get ahead in the new economy.

这才是在新经济环境下帮助美国人民取得进步的正确途径。

And there's more to come.

更多的好消息将接踵而至。

Because America is coming back.

因为美国正在回归。

And I want to go full speed ahead.

我希望能够全速前进。

Thanks, everybody, and have a great weekend.

谢谢大家,祝你们周末愉快。

本文来自网络,不代表英语网立场,转载请注明出处:https://www.yingyuw.cn/en/29228.html

为您推荐