您的位置 首页 英语阅读

美国总统川普首次国情咨文演讲(1)

Mr Speaker, Mr Vice President, Members of Congress, first lady of the United States, and my fellow Americans,议长先生、副总统先生、各位国会议员,美国第一夫人和我的美国同胞们:less than one year has passed since I first s

"Mr Speaker, Mr Vice President, Members of Congress, first lady of the United States, and my fellow Americans,

议长先生、副总统先生、各位国会议员,美国第一夫人和我的美国同胞们:

less than one year has passed since I first stood at this podium

自我第一次站在这个讲台上,

in this majestic chamber to speak on behalf of the American people and to address their concerns, their hopes and their dreams.

在这个庄严的厅堂里代表美国人民发表演讲,关注他们的关切,述说他们的希冀,表达他们的梦想以来,已经过去了快一年的时间。

That night, our new Administration had already taken very swift action.

那个晚上,我们的新政府就着手采取了非常迅速的行动。

A new tide of optimism was already sweeping across our land.

一股崭新的乐观情绪席卷了整个国家。

Each day since, we have gone forward with a clear vision and a righteous mission: to make America great again for all Americans.

从那开始后的每一天,我们都怀着清晰的愿景,正义的使命勇往直前,为了全体美国人民的福祉,让美国再次伟大。

Over the last year, we have made incredible progress and achieved extraordinary success.

在过去一年,我们取得了了不起的进步和非凡的成就。

We have faced challenges we expected and others we could never have imagined.

我们直面已经预料到的和从来没想象过的挑战。

美国总统川普首次国情咨文演讲(1)

We have shared in the heights of victory and the pains of hardship.

我们分享了胜利的喜悦和艰辛的痛苦。

We have endured floods and fires and storms.

我们经历了洪水、火灾与风暴。

But through it all, we have seen the beauty of America's soul and the steel in America's spine.

但历经所有,我们看到了美利坚美丽的灵魂和钢铁般的脊梁。

Each test has forged new American heroes to remind us who we are and show us what we can be.

每一次考验都炼就出了新的美国英雄,都在提醒我们是谁、我们能成为谁。

We saw the volunteers of the Cajun Navy, racing to the rescue with their fishing boats to save people in the aftermath of a totally devastating hurricane.

我们看到民间志愿团队“卡津海军”(是由居住在美国路易斯安那州的法国人后裔组成的)驾驶渔船冲向飓风卷席后的受灾现场、营救伤员。

We saw strangers shielding strangers from a hail of gunfire on the Las Vegas strip.

我们看到陌生人在拉斯维加斯的阵阵枪声中相互庇护。

We heard tales of Americans, like Coast Guard Petty Officer Ashlee Leppert, who is here tonight in the gallery with Melania.

我们听说了很多美国人的故事,就像海岸警卫队海军军士阿什莉·莱珀特,她今晚就在现场,与梅拉尼娅坐在一起。

本文来自网络,不代表英语网立场,转载请注明出处:https://www.yingyuw.cn/en/29284.html

为您推荐