您的位置 首页 初中英语

我们俩分别时 When We Two Parted

乔治·戈登·拜伦(George Gordon Byron),英国浪漫主义文学的杰出代表。出生于伦敦破落的贵族家庭,10岁继承男爵爵位。他曾在哈罗中学和剑桥大学读书,深受启蒙主义的熏陶。他是19世纪初欧洲革命运动中争取民主自由和民族解放的一名战士

乔治·戈登·拜伦(George Gordon Byron),英国浪漫主义文学的杰出代表。出生于伦敦破落的贵族家庭,10岁继承男爵爵位。他曾在哈罗中学和剑桥大学读书,深受启蒙主义的熏陶。他是19世纪初欧洲革命运动中争取民主自由和民族解放的一名战士。也是英国诗坛上有争议的“怪人”和“浪子”。德国诗人歌德称之为“本世纪最伟大的才子诗人”。

这首诗回忆了与爱人分别时的情景和感受,以及后来的心情。"In silence and tears"的重复,前后呼应,真切感人;此外,较短的诗节和断开的句子,也暗示出难以压抑,无法平静的痛苦心境。

When We Two Parted—George Gordon Byron

我们俩分别时——乔治·戈登·拜伦

When we two parted,

昔日依依别,

In silence and tears,

泪流默无言;

Half broken-hearted,

离恨肝肠断,

To sever for years,

此别又几年。

Pale grew thy cheek and cold,

冷颊何惨然,

Colder thy kiss;

我们俩分别时 When We Two Parted

一吻寒更添;

Truly that hour foretold

日后伤心事,

Sorrow to this!

此刻已预言。

The dew of the morning,

朝起寒露重,

Sunk chill on my brow,

凛冽凝眉间,

It felt like the warning,

彼时已预告:

Of what I feel now.

悲伤在今天。

Thy vows are all broken,

山盟今安在?

And light is thy fame:

汝名何轻贱!

I hear thy name spoken,

吾闻汝名传,

And share in its shame.

羞愧在人前。

They name thee before me,

闻汝名声恶,

A knell to mine ear;

犹如听丧钟。

A shudder comes o'er me,

不禁心怵惕,

Why wert thou so dear?

往昔情太浓。

They know not I knew thee,

谁知旧日情,

Who knew thee too well:

斯人知太深。

long, long shall I rue thee,

绵绵长怀恨,

Too deeply to tell.

尽在不言中。

In secret we met,

昔日喜幽会,

In silence I grieve,

今朝恨无声。

That thy heart could forget,

旧情汝已忘,

Thy spirit deceive.

疾心遇薄幸。

If I should meet thee,

多年离别后,

After long year,

抑或再相逢,

How should I greet thee?

相逢何所语?

With silence and tears.

泪流默无声。

本文来自网络,不代表英语网立场,转载请注明出处:https://www.yingyuw.cn/en/29462.html

为您推荐