您的位置 首页 英语阅读

最后的告别 Last respects

Last respects最后的告别One day not too long ago the employees of a large company in St.Louis, Missouri returned from their lunch break and were greeted with a sign on the front door.不久前的一天,密苏里州圣路易斯市一家大

Last respects

最后的告别

One day not too long ago the employees of a large company in St.Louis, Missouri returned from their lunch break and were greeted with a sign on the front door.

不久前的一天,密苏里州圣路易斯市一家大公司的员工午休回到公司时,看见公司前门上贴着一则告示,

The sign said: Yesterday the person who has been hindering your growth in this company passed away.

上面写着:公司里曾经一直妨碍你发展的人昨天去世了,

We invite you to join the funeral in the room that has been prepared in the gym.

我们邀请你参加准备在健身房里举行的葬礼。

At first everyone was sad to hear that one of their colleagues had died, but after a while they started getting curious about who this person might be.

起先,听说有一位同事去世了,每个员工都很伤心。但过了一会儿,他们便变得好奇起来:

The excitement grew as the employees arrived at the gym to pay their last respects.

这个人会是谁呢?在员工们来到健身房准备向死者告别时,他们的好奇心越来越强,

Everyone wondered: Who is this person who was hindering my progress? Well, at least he's no longer here!

每个人都在猜想:这个一直妨碍我进步的人是谁?唉,不管怎样,他已经不在了!

One by one the employees got closer to the coffin and when they looked inside it they suddenly became speechless.

员工们一个接一个走近棺材.当他们向棺材里望去时,他们突然变得哑口无言,

They stood over the coffin, shocked and in silence, as if someone had touched the deepest part of their soul.

站在棺材旁惊得目瞪口呆,好想有什么触到了他们灵魂的最深处。

There was a mirror inside the coffin: everyone who looked inside it could see himself.

棺材里有一面镜子,每个向棺材里望的人都能从镜子中看到自己。

最后的告别 Last respects

There was also a sign next to the mirror that said: There is only one person who is capable to set limits to your growth: it is YOU.

镜子旁还有一块标牌,上面写着:只有一个人能限制你的发展,那就是你自己。

You are the only person who can revolutionize your life.

你是唯一能根本改变你生活的人;

You are the only person who can influence your happiness, your realization and your success.

你是唯一能左右你的幸福,你的认识和你的成功的人;

You are the only person who can help yourself.

你是唯一能帮助你自己的人。

Your life does not change when your boss changes, when your friends change, when your parents change, when your partner changes, when your company changes.

你的生活并不会因为你的老板改变了,你的朋友改变了,你的父母改变了,你的伙伴改变了,你的公司改变了而改变。

Your life changes when YOU change, when you go beyond your limiting beliefs, when you realize that you are the only one responsible for your life.

当你改变时,当你超越限制你的观念,当你认识到你是唯一必须对你的生活负责的人,你的生活就会有所改变。

词语解释

1.greet with以…迎接…;以…来对待…

They teach me to use chinese to greet with the human.

他们教我用汉语跟人打招呼。

We have learned how to greet with others.

我们已经学过了怎样和别人打招呼。

2.invite to do邀请

I'd like to invite you to dinner before I leave here. Would you do me a favour?

我想在我离开这儿以前请你吃顿饭,您能赏光?

Who else do you want to invite?

你还想邀请谁?

3.responsible for为…负责,是造成…的原因

One person should be responsible for new employee orientation.

应当有一个人负责新员工的培训。

South korea created a cabinet-level ministry responsible for gender equality.

韩国设立了专门负责性别平等问题的内阁部门。

本文来自网络,不代表英语网立场,转载请注明出处:https://www.yingyuw.cn/en/29691.html

为您推荐