您的位置 首页 英语阅读

乔布斯介绍初代Macbook Air(4)

Now, how did we fit a Mac in here? How did we do it?那么,我们是怎么把Mac组装成这么小的?我们是怎么做到的呢?I'm still stunned that our engineering team could pull this off.我仍对我们的工程团队能做到这一点感到震惊不

Now, how did we fit a Mac in here? How did we do it?

那么,我们是怎么把Mac组装成这么小的?我们是怎么做到的呢?

I'm still stunned that our engineering team could pull this off.

我仍对我们的工程团队能做到这一点感到震惊不已。

Well, let's look at the bottom, take off the bottom and there's three things in here.

我们一起来看看底部,把底盖拿掉,里面有三样东西。

It's a battery, hard disk and electronics.

分别是一块电池,一块硬盘和电路板。

On the hard disk, we went to 1.8-inch hard drives, we shipped tens of millions of these in iPods, we know them well, and they're great.

在硬盘方面,我们使用的是1.8英寸的硬盘驱动器,在iPod中我们装载了数千万个这样的驱动器,所以我们都很了解它们,它们是非常棒的产品。

And so the MacBook Air ships with an 80 gigabyte hard disk as standard, and there's an option of a 64 gigabyte solid state disk if you'd like it.

MacBook Air的标准硬盘配置的大小是80GB,你还可以根据自己的需要选装64GB的固态硬盘。

These are a little pricey but they are fast.

确实是有点贵,但是运行速度非常快。

But the real magic is in the electronics.

不过真正神奇的地方在于电路板。

This is a complete Mac on a board, let's take off the cooling system, that's a complete Mac on this board.

这是一块完整的Mac电路板,我们把冷却系统拿掉,这就是完整的Mac电路板了。

And you'd think, "Well, OK, what's so special about that?"

那你就会想:“这有什么特殊的呢?”

Well, this is how big the board is. It's really tiny.

来看一下它的大小。非常非常小。

And to fit an entire Mac on this thing was an amazing feat of engineering.

把整个Mac组装成这样,是一项了不起的工程壮举。

And we didn't compromise on performance.

而且我们也没有在性能上妥协。

乔布斯介绍初代Macbook Air(4)

MacBook Air uses the Intel Core 2 Duo, this is a really speedy processor.

MacBook Air搭载的是Intel Core 2 Duo处理器,这是一个运行速度超快的处理器。

It's what we use in all of our other notebooks and our iMacs.

我们在其他笔记本电脑和iMac上也都使用了这个处理器。

1.6 gigahertz standard, and there's an option to go to 1.8 gigahertz if you want.

标准版是1.6千兆赫兹,如果你需要的话,也可以选择1.8千兆赫兹。

Now, we've got a great relationship with Intel, and both companies are engineering driven and they both love to challenge each other.

我们和英特尔公司建立了很好的合作关系,两家公司都是受工程驱动的企业,都喜欢挑战对方。

And Intel's got enormous amounts of technology, and so when we were building this product, we asked them to consider something.

英特尔拥有大量的技术,所以当我们在研发这个产品时,我们要求他们做了一些考虑。

This is their amazing Core 2 Duo chip, right? It's a screamer.

这就是他们的Core 2 Duo芯片。让人惊叹的产品。

We said we want that chip in this product, but we need to go to smaller packaging, it sounds easy, it's not.

我们告知他们想要在这个产品中搭载这款芯片,但我们需要体积更小的封装,这听起来容易,但其实并非如此。

They invested a lot of engineering to create this for us.

于是他们投入了很多研发精力,为我们打造这款芯片。

This is the same chip in a package that is 60% smaller, and it's one of the reasons we could build MacBook Air.

同一款芯片,但封装之后体积要小60%,这也是我们最终可以研发出MacBook Air的原因之一。

And so I'd like to say thank you to Intel.

所以我要对因特尔说一声感谢。

本文来自网络,不代表英语网立场,转载请注明出处:https://www.yingyuw.cn/en/29912.html

为您推荐