您的位置 首页 英语阅读

快乐的日子(8)

'Father and Mother like John,although he's poor,'said Meg.爸爸和妈妈喜欢约翰,虽然他穷。麦格说。'Be sensible,Meg,'said her aunt.'He knows I have money,and that's why he likes you,I sus

'Father and Mother like John,although he's poor,'said Meg.

爸爸和妈妈喜欢约翰,虽然他穷。麦格说。

'Be sensible,Meg,'said her aunt.'He knows I have money,and that's why he likes you,I suspect.'

理智点,麦格,她的姑妈说,他知道我有钱,我怀疑他正是为此而喜欢你。

'Don't say that!'said Meg.'My John wouldn't marry for money any more than I would!

不许那么说,麦格说。我的约翰不会为钱而结婚,我也不会!

We'll work and wait,and I'll132be happy with him because he loves me,and Meg stopped as she remembered that she had told'her John'to go away.

 快乐的日子(8)

我们会工作,会等待,我和他在一起会感觉很幸福,因为他爱我,还有—麦格停了下来,因为她想起她已经告诉她的约翰走开了。

Aunt March was very angry.'Just don't expect anything from me when you are married!'she said.

马奇姑妈非常生气。等你结婚时别想从我这儿得到任何东西!她说,

And she went out of the room,banging the door behind her.

然后摔门而去。

Meg didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

麦格不知道该笑还是该哭。

Before she could decide,Mr Brooke came back in from the next room and puthis arms around her.

在她做出决定之前,布鲁克先生从隔壁房间走回来,用双臂搂住她。

'Oh Meg,I could hear your voices,'he said.

噢,麦格,我能听到你的声音,他说。

'Thank you for proving that you do love me a little.''I didn't know how much until she said those things about you,'said Meg.

谢谢你证明了你确实有一点爱我。在她说那些关于你的话之前我不知道有多少,麦格说。

'So I can stay, and be happy?' he said.

那么我能留下来高兴高兴了?他说。

'Yes,John,'she whispered,and hid her face on John's chest.

是的,约翰,她轻声说,将她的脸埋在约翰胸前。

关于《小妇人》

书中的女主角乔是作者的影子,写来更具光彩。她生性豪放,强调自我奋斗。当初父亲马奇先生因为帮助一个不幸的朋友而失去家产,两个大的女孩恳求父母让她们自己谋生。

本文来自网络,不代表英语网立场,转载请注明出处:https://www.yingyuw.cn/en/29970.html

为您推荐