您的位置 首页 英语阅读

快乐的日子(7)

It was at this moment that Aunt March came in.正在这时,马奇姑妈走了进来。She had come to see Mr March and was hoping to surprise the family.她来看马奇先生,希望使这家人大吃一惊。She did surprise two of them.Meg,with

It was at this moment that Aunt March came in.

正在这时,马奇姑妈走了进来。

She had come to see Mr March and was hoping to surprise the family.

她来看马奇先生,希望使这家人大吃一惊。

She did surprise two of them.Meg,with her face bright red,just stared at her aunt,while Mr Brooke hurried into another room.

她确实使这两人吃了一惊。麦格脸涨得通红,只是瞪着她的姑妈,而布鲁克先生则赶紧走进了另一个房间。

'Goodness me, what's all this?'cried Aunt March.

天哪,这都是怎么回事?马奇姑妈喊道。

'It's Father's friend,said Meg hurriedly.'I'm so surprised to see you,Aunt March.'

是爸爸的朋友,麦格很快地说,看见您真让我吃惊,马奇姑妈。

快乐的日子(7)

'I can see that,'said Aunt March,sitting down.'What has he said to make your face turn pink?'

我看得出来,马奇姑妈说,边说边坐下来。他说了些什么,让你的脸变红了?

'Mr Brooke and I were just…talking,'said Meg.

布鲁克先生和我只是在……谈话。麦格说。

'Brooke?The boy's tutor?I understand now.

布鲁克?那男孩的家庭教师?我现在明白了。

I know all about it because I made Jo tell me.

我知道所有的一切,因为我让琼告诉我了。

You haven't promised to marry him,have you,Meg?

你没答应嫁给他,是吧,麦格?

If you have,you won't get one bit of my money,do you hear?'

如果你答应了,你就不会从我这儿得到一点钱了,听到了吗?

It was exactly the wrong thing to say.

那话恰恰说得不对。

When Meg was ordered not to marry John Brooke,she immediately decided that She would.

当麦格被命令不许嫁给约翰·布鲁克时,她立即决定她要嫁给他。

'I'll marry whoever I want to,Aunt March,and you can give your money to anyone you like!'she said.'You'll be sorry!'said Aunt March.

我想嫁给谁就嫁给谁,马奇姑妈,你可以把你的钱给任何你喜欢的人!她说。你会后悔的!马奇姑妈说。

'Why don't you marry a rich man to help your family?'

你为什么不嫁给一个富人,帮帮你的家人?

关于《小妇人》

她为了帮助家庭、爱好自由,故终身不嫁,《小妇人》中的主角乔,即以她本人为蓝本。

本文来自网络,不代表英语网立场,转载请注明出处:https://www.yingyuw.cn/en/29971.html

为您推荐