您的位置 首页 英语阅读

快乐的日子(4)

Beth moved out of her father's arms and went to the piano.白丝从父亲怀里下来,来到钢琴旁边。She touched the keys softly and began to sing.她轻轻地触动了琴键,开始唱歌。Soon,the others joined her in a happy Christm

Beth moved out of her father's arms and went to the piano.

白丝从父亲怀里下来,来到钢琴旁边。

She touched the keys softly and began to sing.

她轻轻地触动了琴键,开始唱歌。

Soon,the others joined her in a happy Christmas song.

不久,其他人就跟她一起唱起了一支圣诞歌。

The next afternoon,Jo and Meg were sitting at the window when Laurie went by.

第二天下午,琼和麦格正坐在窗边时,罗瑞正好路过。

快乐的日子(4)

When he saw Meg,he fell on one knee in the snow,beat his chest,and put out his arms towards her.

当他看见麦格的时候,他单膝跪倒在雪地里,捶打自己的胸口,并向她伸出双臂。

When Meg told him to go away,he pretended to cry before walking away looking miserable.

当麦格告诉他走开时,他假装哭泣,然后面带痛苦地走了。

Meg laughed.'What was he doing?'she said.

麦格笑了。他在干什么?她问。

'He was showing you how your John will act,'answered Jo,crossly.

他在向你演示你的约翰会对你怎么样。琼面带怒气地说。

'Don't say my John,it isn't right.'But Meg said the words again silently inside her head.

别说'我的约翰',这不对,可麦格在脑海里默默地又重复了那句话。

'If he asks yon to marry him,you'll cry or look stupid,in-stead of saying a loud No,'said Jo.

如果他让你嫁给他,你会哭,或者看上去很蠢,而不会大声说不。琼说。

'No,I won't,'said Meg.'I'll say,Thank you,Mr Brooke,you are very kind,but I am too young to marry you.Please let us be friends,as we were.'

不,我不会的,麦格说。我会说,'谢谢你,布鲁克先生,你很好,可我太年轻了,不能嫁给你。让我们做朋友吧,就像从前那样。'

'I don't believe it,'said Jo.

我不相信,琼说。

'It's true.Then I'll walk out of the room with my head high.

是真的。我会高高地抬起头走出房间。

'Meg got up and pretended to do it-but ran back to her seat when she heard someone knock on the door.

麦格站起来假装那样做—可当她听到有人敲门时她就跑回了座位。

关于《小妇人》

小说作者早年在新英格兰地区的生活经历,成了以后的写作题材,由于亲身体验,写来得心应手,人物灵活生动,情节趣味盎然,且富有教益。

本文来自网络,不代表英语网立场,转载请注明出处:https://www.yingyuw.cn/en/29974.html

为您推荐