您的位置 首页 英语阅读

快乐的日子(3)

'I've discovered several things about you young ladies today,'said Mr March.今天我发现了你们这些年轻姑娘的一些事。马奇先生说。'Oh,tell us what they are!'cried Meg.噢,告诉我们是什么?麦格喊道。&#

'I've discovered several things about you young ladies today,'said Mr March.

今天我发现了你们这些年轻姑娘的一些事。马奇先生说。

'Oh,tell us what they are!'cried Meg.

噢,告诉我们是什么?麦格喊道。

'Here's one,'he said, taking her hand.

这儿有一个,他说,说着拿起她的手。

It had a small burnon the back and two or three little hard places on the front.

那手背上有一小块烫痕,手心上有两三块硬块。

'I remember when this hand was white and smooth.

我记得这手曾经又白又嫩。

快乐的日子(3)

It was pretty then, but to me it's much prettier now.I'm proud of this hard-working hand,Meg.'

它那时很美,可对我来说它现在更美,我为这双劳动的手而感到骄傲,麦格。

'What about Jo?'whispered Beth.'She's tried so hard,and has been very, very good to me.'

琼怎么样?白丝轻声问道。她那么努力,还对我非常非常好。

He smiled and looked at Jo sitting opposite.

他笑了笑,看着坐在对面的琼。

'Her hair maybe short,but I see a young lady now.

她的头发可能是短了些,可我现在看到了一位年轻的淑女。

Her face is thin and white from worrying,but it has grown gentler.

她的脸削瘦,因为焦虑而苍白,可它变得更温柔了。

Perhaps I'll miss my wild girl,but I'm sure I'll love the warm-hearted woman who has taken her place.'

也许我会想念我那个爱疯跑的孩子,可我肯定会爱这个取而代之的热心的妇人。

Jo's face was red in the firelight as she listened.

琼听着,脸色在火光中变红了。

'Now Beth,'said Amy.

该说白丝了,艾米说。

'She's not as shy as she used to be,'said her father lovingly,and he held Beth close when he remembered how near they had come to losing her.

她不像从前那么害羞了,她的父亲充满爱意地说,当他想起他们差点失去她时,他把白丝搂得很紧。

Then he looked down at Amy by his feet.

然后他看了看坐在他脚边的艾米。

'I've noticed today that Amy has helped everyone patiently and with a smile.

我今天注意到艾米耐心地、面带微笑地帮助每个人。

She's learned to think more about other people,and less about herself.'

她已经学会了多为别人着想,少想些自己。

关于《小妇人》

小说的背景是处于十九世纪中期南北战争期间,资本主义上升阶段就已普遍存在的贫富差距和社会弊病以及各个阶级的道德标准在书内也有反映。

本文来自网络,不代表英语网立场,转载请注明出处:https://www.yingyuw.cn/en/29975.html

为您推荐