您的位置 首页 英语阅读

白丝(1)

Chapter 11 Beth第11章 白丝Ten days after their mother went away,Beth came home late after one of several visits to a sick baby at the Hummelshouse.母亲离开10天以后,白丝很晚才回家,她已几次去哈梅尔家看望一个生病的婴儿

Chapter 11 Beth

第11章 白丝

Ten days after their mother went away,Beth came home late after one of several visits to a sick baby at the Hummelshouse.

母亲离开10天以后,白丝很晚才回家,她已几次去哈梅尔家看望一个生病的婴儿。

She went straight to her mothers room and shut herself inside.Half an hour later,Jo found her sitting there,looking very ill.

她径直走进母亲的房间,把自己关在里面。半个小时以后,琼发现她坐在那儿,看上去病得很厉害。

Beth,whats the matter?cried Jo.

白丝,怎么了?琼叫道。

白丝(1)

Beth put out a hand to keep her away.You've had scarlet fever,haven't you?she said.

白丝伸出一支手,让她离远点。你得过猩红热,是不是?她说。

Years ago,when Meg did,said Jo.Why?

几年以前得过,那是麦格得病时传染了我,琼说,怎么了?

Oh,Jo!Mrs Hummels baby is dead,said Beth.It died in my arms before Mrs Hummel got home.

噢,琼!哈梅尔的婴儿死了,白丝说,它在哈梅尔太太回家前死在我怀里。

My poor Beth,how awful for you!said Jo,putting an arm around her sister.What did you do?

我可怜的白丝,这对你太糟了!琼说,用一只胳膊搂住她的妹妹。你做了什么?

I just sat and held it until Mrs Hummel came with the doctor.He looked at Heinrich and Minna who were also feeling sick.

我就那么坐在那儿抱着它,直到哈梅尔太太带着医生来。他看看海因里奇和米娜,他们也觉得不舒服。

It's scarlet fever,he said.Then he told me to come home and take some medicine quickly or I would catch it,too.

是猩红热,他说。然后他告诉我回家来赶快吃点药,要不然我也会得病的。

I'll fetch Hannah,said Jo.

我去找海娜,琼说。

Don't let Amy come,said Beth.She hasn't had it,and I don't want to give it to her.

别让艾米来,白丝说。她没得过,我不想传染给她。

关于《小妇人》

所有这些,赋予这本书超越时代和国度的生命力,这也正是她成为不朽的经典的魅力和原因所在。

本文来自网络,不代表英语网立场,转载请注明出处:https://www.yingyuw.cn/en/29993.html

为您推荐