Laurie came back with a letter and money from Aunt March,but Jo did not return.
罗瑞回来了,带来一封信和马奇姑妈的钱,可琼还没回来。
It was late afternoon when she came walking in and gave her mother some money.
下午很晚的时候,她回来了,交给母亲一些钱。
Thats to help make Father comfortable and to bring him home,she said.
把这钱拿去让爸爸感到舒适些,再把他带回家来。她说。
Twenty-five dollars!said Mrs March.My dear,where did you get it?
二十五块钱!马奇太太说,我亲爱的,你从哪儿弄来的?
Jo took off her hat.
琼把帽子摘了下来。
Your hair,your beautiful hair!cried Amy.
你的头发!你漂亮的头发!艾米喊道。
All Jos lovely,thick,long hair was cut short.
琼那一头漂亮的、又浓密又长的头发不见了。
Jo,how could you?cried Meg.
琼,你怎么能这样做?麦格叫道。
My dear girl,there was no need for this,said Mrs March.
我亲爱的孩子,你不必这么做,马奇太太说。
She doesnt look like my Jo,but I love her dearly for doing it!said Beth,and began to cry.
她看起来不像我的琼了,可我因为她这样做而爱她!白丝说道,随即开始哭起来。
Dont cry,Beth,said Jo.I wanted to do something for Father,and selling my hair was the only thing I could think of doing.
别哭了,白丝,琼说,我想为爸爸做点什么,卖掉我的头发是我唯一能想得出来的事,
I'll soon have a curly head again,which will be short and easy to keep tidy.
我不久就会又有一头卷发了,又短又容易梳理。
But later,when Amy and Beth were asleep and Meg was lying awake, she heard Jo crying.
可过一会儿,当艾米和白丝都睡着了,麦格躺着却睡不着,她听到琼在哭。
Are you crying about Father,Jo?she asked.
你是在为爸爸哭吗,琼?她问。
No,not now.Its my hair,cried Jo.I'd do it again, if I could.
不,现在不是。我是为我的头发,琼哭道,如果我能够,我还会再做一次的,
But I did love my hair,and the selfish bit of me is making me cry.
可我确实很爱我的头发,我自私的一面在使我哭泣。
Don't tell anyone.I'll be all right in the morning.
别告诉别人。我早晨就会好的。
During the days after their mother and Mr Brooke went away,Meg aud Jo went back to their jobs,and Beth and Amy helped Hannah to keep the house tidy.
她们的母亲和布鲁克先生走后的日子里,麦格和琼回去工作了,白丝和艾米帮海娜整理房子。
Everyone tried very hard to be good and hard-working and helpful.
每个人都非常努力,想要做好,想要勤奋工作,想要帮助别人。
News of their father came through,at first telling them he was dangerously ill,but then saying he was slowly getting better.
关于父亲的消息传来,一开始说他病情很危险,可后来说他正在慢慢地好转。
关于《小妇人》
书中描写的种种情感体验和生活经历,都曾经、正在并将要发生在每一个少女走向成熟的过程之中;书中提倡善良、忠诚、无私、慷慨、尊严、宽容、坚韧、勇敢、亦是人类永远尊崇和追求的美德和信仰。