您的位置 首页 英语阅读

麦格听到了闲言碎语(6)

She turned and saw Laurie behind her.Please forgive me,he said.Come and have something to eat.她转过身,看见罗瑞站在她身后。请原谅我吧,他说。来吃点东西吧。Meg tried to look annoyed.麦格尽力装做不开心。Please come,

She turned and saw Laurie behind her.Please forgive me,he said.Come and have something to eat.

她转过身,看见罗瑞站在她身后。请原谅我吧,他说。来吃点东西吧。

Meg tried to look annoyed.

麦格尽力装做不开心。

Please come,he said again.I dont like your dress,but I do think you are—wonderful.

来吧,他又说,我不喜欢你的衣服,可我确实觉得你—很出色。

Meg smiled and found it impossible to stay angry with him.

麦格笑了,她发现根本不可能跟他生气。

Please dont tell them at home about my dress,she said.

千万别告诉家里人我的衣服的事,麦格说。

麦格听到了闲言碎语(6)

They wont understand that it was just for fun,and it will worry Mother.

她们不会明白那只是为了好玩儿,妈妈会担心的。

I was stupid to wear it,but Ill tell them myself.

我穿这身衣服真是愚蠢,可我会亲自告诉她们。

I wont say anything,he promised.

我什么也不会说。他发誓说。

He did not see her again until supper time,when she was drinking wine with two other boys.

他直到晚饭时才又见到她,她正在跟另外两个男孩喝葡萄酒。

Youll feel ill tomorrow,if you drink much of that,Meg,Laurie whispered to her.

如果你喝得多了,你明天会难受的,麦格,罗瑞轻声对她说。

Im not Meg tonight,she said.Im a doll who does crazy things.Tomorrow,Ill be good again.

我今晚不是麦格,她说。我是一个做疯狂事的玩具娃娃。明天我就变好了。

Meg danced and laughed and talked to as many young men as she could manage,

麦格又跳又笑,尽可能地跟很多年轻绅士谈话,

but went to bed feeling that she hadnt enjoyed herself as much as she had expected.

可她上床睡觉时并没像她期待的那样感觉玩得很开心。

关于《小妇人》

书中的女主角乔是作者的影子,写来更具光彩。她生性豪放,强调自我奋斗。当初父亲马奇先生因为帮助一个不幸的朋友而失去家产,两个大的女孩恳求父母让她们自己谋生。

本文来自网络,不代表英语网立场,转载请注明出处:https://www.yingyuw.cn/en/30008.html

为您推荐