Wild with fear,Jo fetched some wood and pulled it across the ice,while Laurie held Amys head above the water.Together,they got her out.
琼吓疯了,她去拿了木头,把它拖过冰面,此时罗瑞将艾米的头托出水面。他们一起把她从水中捞了出来。
She was more frightened than hurt,and was quickly taken home.
她没受什么伤,更多的是受了惊吓,被很快送回了家。
They covered her in blankets and tried to calm her,and after a little while she fell asleep in front of the warm fire.
他们用毛毯盖住她,并试图安慰她,过了一会儿她就在温暖的炉火前睡着了。
Later,when everything was quiet,Jo asked her mother,Are you sure she s safe?
然后,当一切安静下来,琼问母亲:你能肯定她没事吗?
Quite safe,dear.It was sensible to get her home as quickly as you did.
肯定没事,亲爱的,你很明智,很快就把她送回家来。
Laurie did it all,said Jo.Mother,if she should die,it will be my fault.
都是罗瑞做的。琼说,妈妈,如果她死了,那都是我的错。
I get angry so quickly.Oh,why cant I be more like you?
我太爱生气了。噢,我为什么就不能像你呢?
I get angry nearly every day of my life,Jo,said Mrs March,but Ive learned not to show it.
我每天都会生气,琼,马奇太太说,但我学会了不表现出来。
Ive learned to stop myself saying the angry words that come to my lips,and you must try to do the same,my dear.
我学会了在生气的话就要到嘴边时住口,你也要尽力这样做,我亲爱的。
Amy moved in her sleep and Jo looked at her.
艾米在睡梦中动了一下,琼看了看她。
I refused to forgive her,and today,she nearly died!
我拒绝饶恕她,结果今天她差点就死了!
And it was Laurie who saved her.
是罗瑞救了她。
How could I be so wicked?Jo began to cry.
我怎么会这么可恶呢?琼哭了。
Then Amy opened her eyes and held out her arms,with a smile that went straight to Jos heart.
然后艾米睁开了双眼,伸出了她的双臂,面带微笑,那微笑一直走进了琼的心里。
Neither of them said a word,but they held each other close, and everything was forgiven and forgotten.
她们谁也没说话,但她们紧紧拥抱在一起,一切都已被原谅和遗忘了。
关于《小妇人》
《小妇人》故事情节简单真实,却感人至深,问世一百多年以来,多次被搬上银幕,并被译成各种文字,成为世界文学宝库中的经典名作。