您的位置 首页 英语阅读

隔壁的房子(6)

Suddenly,a bell rang.突然,铃响了。Jo jumped up out of the chair.It's your grand father!she said.琼从椅子上跳起来。是你祖父!她说。What if it is?said Laurie, with a smile.You're not afraid of anything, r

Suddenly,a bell rang.

突然,铃响了。

Jo jumped up out of the chair.It's your grand father!she said.

琼从椅子上跳起来。是你祖父!她说。

What if it is?said Laurie, with a smile.You're not afraid of anything, remember?

是又怎样?罗瑞笑着说,你什么都不怕,记得吗?

Perhaps I am a little bit afraid of him,said Jo.

也许我有一点点怕他,琼说。

隔壁的房子(6)

The servant came in at that moment.The doctor is here to see you,sir,she said to Laurie.

此时仆人走进来。医生来看您了,先生,她对罗瑞说。

Can I leave you for a minute or two, Jo?he said.

我能离开一两分钟吗,琼?他说。

Yes, Im very happy here,said Jo.

可以,我很高兴呆在这儿,琼答道。

He went away and Jo was staring at a large picture of the old gentleman when the door opened again without turning,she said,I wont be afraid of him,

他走开了。当琼正在端详那位老先生的一大幅画像时,门又开了。她没有转过身,说道:我不害怕他,

because hes got kind eyes,although his mouth looks hard and cold.

因为虽然他的嘴巴看上去又硬又冷,他的眼睛却很和善。

He's not as handsome as my grandfather, but I like him.

他不像我祖父那么英俊,可我喜欢他。

Thank you,said a deep voice behind her.

谢谢你,她背后有一个深沉的声音说。

She turned quickly-and saw old Mr Laurence!

她很快转过身—看到了老劳伦斯先生!

Jos face turned a bright red and she wanted to run away.

琼的脸变得通红,她想跑掉。

But the old mans eyes looked kinder than those in the picture and seemed to have a smile in them.

可那位老先生的眼睛看上去比画像里的还要和善,好像还带着笑意。

关于《小妇人》

乔去了叔婆家伺候老人。在那里乔发现了有间放了许多好书的藏书室,叔婆打盹或接待来宾时,乔就钻入这个清静之处,贪婪地看着诗歌、传奇、历史、游记。

本文来自网络,不代表英语网立场,转载请注明出处:https://www.yingyuw.cn/en/30028.html

为您推荐