您的位置 首页 英语阅读

隔壁的房子(5)

Jo saw the sadness in his eyes.琼看到了他眼中的悲伤。Why dont you come over and see us?你干吗不到我家来看我们?Would your grandfather let you?你祖父会让你来吗?Perhaps,if your mother asked him,said Laurie.可能,如

Jo saw the sadness in his eyes.

琼看到了他眼中的悲伤。

Why dont you come over and see us?

你干吗不到我家来看我们?

Would your grandfather let you?

你祖父会让你来吗?

Perhaps,if your mother asked him,said Laurie.

可能,如果你母亲跟他讲的话,罗瑞说,

He spends a lot of time among his books,and Mr Brooke,my tutor,doesnt live here.

他花很多时间看书,而我的家庭教师布鲁克先生不住在这儿,

隔壁的房子(5)

So I havent anyone to go out with.Do you like your school?

所以没人和我一起出去。你喜欢你的学校吗?

I dont go to school.I go out to work-to my aunts,said Jo.

我没上学。我去工作—到我姑妈家,琼回答。

She described the difficult old lady and made him laugh with her stories.

她描述了那个难缠的老太太,她的故事让他发笑。

She told him all about her sisters,the plays they acted,and their hopes and fears for their father.

她告诉他关于她的姐妹的所有事,她们演过的剧,以及她们对父亲的期盼和担忧。

Then they talked about books, and Jo discovered that Laurie loved them as much as she did.

然后他们谈到了书籍,琼发现罗瑞像她一样爱书。

Come and see our library,he said.Grandfather is out,so you neednt be afraid.

到我们的图书室来,他说。祖父出门了,所以你不用怕。

I m not afraid of anything, replied Jo.

我什么也不怕,琼答道。

He took her down to a room where the walls were covered with books and pictures.

他带她来到楼下的一个房间,那里四壁都为书籍和画所遮盖。

You should be the happiest boy in the world!said Jo,sitting in a big armchair and looking round.

你应该是世界上最幸福的男孩!琼叹道,边说边坐进一张大扶手椅,环顾四周。

A person cant live on books,he said.

一个人不能靠书生活,他说。

关于《金银岛》

书中的女主角乔是作者的影子,写来更具光彩。她生性豪放,强调自我奋斗。当初父亲马奇先生因为帮助一个不幸的朋友而失去家产,两个大的女孩恳求父母让她们自己谋生。

本文来自网络,不代表英语网立场,转载请注明出处:https://www.yingyuw.cn/en/30029.html

为您推荐