您的位置 首页 英语阅读

劳伦斯家的男孩(5)

Jo smiled.All right,she said.Thank you.琼笑了。好吧,她说,谢谢。When the music stopped, they sat down and began to talk,but Jo saw Meg waving at her.音乐停下的时候,他们坐下来开始聊天,可琼看见麦格在向她招手。She

Jo smiled.All right,she said.Thank you.

琼笑了。好吧,她说,谢谢。

When the music stopped, they sat down and began to talk,but Jo saw Meg waving at her.

音乐停下的时候,他们坐下来开始聊天,可琼看见麦格在向她招手。

She went over and followed her sister into a side room.

她走过去,随姐姐走进旁边的一个房间。

I've turned my foot over and hurt my ankle,said Meg.

我的脚转得太多,脚踝都疼了,麦格说,

 劳伦斯家的男孩(5)

I can't walk on it,and I dont know how Im going to get home.

我都不能走路了,真不知道该怎么回家。

I'm not surprised you turned your foot over in those stupid high shoes,said Jo.

你穿着那双蠢笨的高跟鞋,跳得过度我一点也不吃惊,琼说,

You'll have to get a carriage or stay here all night.

你得要一辆马车,或者在这儿呆一晚上。

A carriage will cost a lot.said Meg,and I cant stay here for the night because the house is full.

要辆马车会花好多钱,麦格说。我也不能在这儿呆一晚上,因为房间都住满了。

I'll just rest until Hannah comes to fetch us,then do the best I can.

我只好在海娜来接我们之前休息会儿,然后再想办法。

They're going in for supper now,said Jo.I'll stay with you.

他们正进去吃晚饭,琼说,我陪着你。

No,run and bring me some coffee, said Meg.

不,快去给我弄些咖啡来,麦格说。

Jo found the coffee, but immediately dropped some down the front of her dress.

琼找到了咖啡,可马上就洒到了裙子上。

She was cleaning it off with Megs glove when a friendly voice spoke to her.

她正用麦格的手套擦拭时听到一个友好的声音在跟她讲话。

关于《小妇人》

美国人路易莎·奥尔科特的代表作《小妇人》是一部美国文学的经典著作,一本道德家世小说。

本文来自网络,不代表英语网立场,转载请注明出处:https://www.yingyuw.cn/en/30035.html

为您推荐