Yes,he said.She looks so fresh and quiet.
是的,他答道。她看上去那么清纯和安静。
This pleased Jo very much, and soon the two of them were talking easily,like old friends.
这让琼十分高兴,不久他们俩就像老朋友一样自如地交谈起来。
I hear youre always studying hard,said Jo.
我听说你学习很用功,琼说,
Are you going to college soon?
那你不久要去读大学吗?
Not for a year or two,he said.Im sixteen next month,and I wont go before Im seventeen.
一两年内不会,他回答。我下个月满16岁,17岁以前我不会去。
I wish I was going to college,said Jo.
我真希望能上大学,琼说。
I hate even the idea of it!said Laurie.
我一想到它就感到憎恨!罗瑞说。
Jo wanted to know why, but he looked so serious that instead of asking she said,Why dont you go and dance?
琼想问为什么,可他看上去很严肃,琼没提问,而是说:你为什么不去跳舞?
I will if youll come too,be answered.
如果你也来我就跳,他回答。
I cant because— Jo stopped.
我不能,因为—,琼欲言又止。
Because what?
因为什么?
You wont tell?
你不说出去吗?
Never!
绝不会!
I ve a bad habit of standing near a fire,and I burn my dresses,said Jo.
我有个坏毛病,总是离火炉很近,结果把裙子烧了,琼说,
I have to keep still so that no one will see the burn on this one.
我只好站直了,好让人看不出这件衣服上的烧痕。
Laugh if you like.
想笑你就笑吧。
But Laurie didnt laugh.Never mind that,he said gently.Please come.
可罗瑞没笑。没关系,他轻柔地说,来吧。
关于《小妇人》
歌颂了家庭的伦理观念和邻里间的助人为乐,因此能历久不衰,连续畅销,还先后被改编成戏剧、拍成电影,在世界各地上映、演出。