I married the yoga Martha Stewart.You know the people who married above their station?
我老婆是瑜伽界的玛莎·斯图尔特 你知道那些攀高枝的男人吗
yes,I do.I am one of them.I understand,your wife is a lovely lovely women.
知道 我就是其中之一 我理解 你太太美丽动人
She is beatuiful,Everyone who meets my wife,says oh man you lucked out,you idiot.You hit the jackpot.
她很漂亮 所有见过我太太的人都说 你小子真有福 白痴 你中头彩了
I married above my station.My wife makes the gravy,doesn't like me to microwave the gravy,because it destroys the integrity of the gravy.
我攀了高枝 我太太亲手烹饪肉汁 不让我用微波炉加热 这样破坏肉汁的味道
But I don't care.I'm a gravy guy and I like it hot.
我才不在乎呢 我这人喜欢肉汁 我就喜欢热着吃
It's coming across,John,It's coming across weird when you say it like this.I'm telling you as a friend.
这话听起来 约翰 以你的口气 这话听起来很奇怪 这是我作为朋友的忠告
Let me try this,watch this.Hi,I'm a gravy guy.
我这样试试 看着点 嗨 我这人喜欢肉汁
Does it feel weird?How many days have you been without gravy?
感觉奇怪吗 你有多少天没吃肉汁了
I like to save up because we got the holidays coming.I need some gravy.
我想节约一点 因为圣诞节快到了 我需要肉汁
John.I just turned into the Chris rock.I know.we could do a show an hour just on gravy.
约翰 我变成了克里斯·洛克 是啊 我们可以聊上一小时的肉汁
would you want your own gravy boat?I like gravy too.
你想要自己的肉汁壶吗 我也喜欢肉汁
But I don't go around saying I'm a gravy guy.You phony bologna,you would like to.
但我不会到处说我这人喜欢肉汁 你个虚伪逼 其实你很想说
You called me a phony bologna,We don't use that language on cable.we are going to start,a big night.
你管我叫虚伪逼 在有线电视上不能用这种词汇 那就从现在开始 今晚很精彩
I would like to have extra gravy.I would like to drench my whole plate in gravy.I get nervous when I see other people using it.
我喜欢多加一些肉汁 我喜欢把满盘子都浸满肉汁 我看到别人浇肉汁的时候会紧张
I feel bad,because we always host the stray friends and people out here who aren't going back to New York or some place for the holiday.
我感觉很糟糕 因为我们经常会招待不会纽约或其他地方过圣诞节的朋友
We host the strays.And I get my own gravy boat.You have your own?Yes.
我们会招待外乡人 我有自己的肉汁壶 你有自己的肉汁壶 对
词汇解析
1、station
火车站
Ingrid went with him to the railway station to see him off.
英格丽德和他一起去火车站送他。
Businessmen stream into one of Tokyo's main train stations.
商人不断涌进东京的一个主要火车站。
广播电台(或电视台)
an independent local radio station.
独立的地方电台
It claims to be the most popular television station in the UK.
它自称是英国最受欢迎的电视台。
安置,派驻(士兵或官员);使驻扎
Reports from the capital, Lome, say troops are stationed on the streets.
来自首都洛美的报道称,部队驻扎在大街上。
I was stationed there just after the war.
战争刚结束,我就被派驻到那里。
2、destroy
毁坏;破坏;毁灭;摧毁
That's a sure recipe for destroying the economy and creating chaos.
那样做肯定会破坏经济、制造混乱。
No one was injured in the explosion, but the building was completely destroyed.
没有人在爆炸中受伤,但大楼遭到了彻底毁坏。
毁掉…的生活;使垮掉
If I was younger or more naive, the criticism would have destroyed me.
如果我再年轻一些,或是再单纯一些,那些批评可能就会把我给毁了。