Maggie Gao: Okay, everyone, shall we begin?
大家好,我们可以开始了吗?
Bill: Sorry, Maggie, but we are missing a few people. Can we hang on a sec?
抱歉,马吉,还有些人没有来,我能再等一会儿吗?
Maggie Gao: Well, I did say eleven o' clock sharp, and it' s now five past so. . .
是的,我确实是说11点整,现在都超过5分钟了。
James: Hi, everyone, I' m so sorry I' m late. It' s raining cats and dogs outside and I had to wait ages for a taxi.
嗨,大家好。很抱歉我迟到了。因为下大雨,我等了半天才打到出租车的。
Maggie Gao: Okay, James, take a seat quickly please. Right, the subject of the meeting is.
好的,詹姆斯,快点做下吧。好,来看今天会议的主题是……
Sally: Hi, guys. Please excuse me, I was held up in traffic.
大家好,抱歉我迟到了。路上交通堵塞了,所以花了很长时间迟到了。
Maggie Gao: Right, as I was saying the subject of the m. . .
好,刚才我们说会议的主题是……
Bruno: Hi, Maggie. I' m terribly sorry. The traffic is murder out there.
嗨,马吉,我十分抱歉。路上交通太耽误时间了。
Maggie Gao: Sit down, Bruno! Okay now, as you are aware, the topic for this meeting is "The importance of being punctual". Who would like to start?
坐下,布鲁诺!好了现在,既然你们都很注意,今天会议的话题就是“准时的重要性”。谁先来谈一谈?
hang on 等一下,坚守
It's hard work, but if you hang on long enough you'll succeed. 这是艰苦的工作,但如果你坚持下去,你会成功的。
raining cats and dogs 倾盆大雨
wait ages for 形容等待的时间很长
punctual 准时的 punctuality 是它的名词形式