第一句:Do you realize I have been wating for nearly six months by now?
到现在我已经等了将近半年了,你知道吗?
A: Do you realize I have been wating for nearly six months by now?
到现在我已经等了将近半年了,你知道吗?
B: That's not very long.
你等的时间不算长。
第二句:This, I suppose, is British efficency.
这想必就是英国的工作效率。
A: This, I suppose, is British efficency.
这想必就是英国的工作效率。
B: Let's not put it that way, please!
请你不要这样说。
A: What's your saying?
你怎么说?
B: Shall we say it's the efficiency of the British Immigration Office?
是不是最好说这是英国移民局的效率?
背诵句型:
To put it bluntly, she doesn't like you.
直截了当地说,她不喜欢你。
If I was auditioning for a vocalist, let me put it this way, he wouldn't get to sing in my hand.
这么说吧,如果我来面试歌手,我不会同意他到我的乐队唱歌的。