第一句:Does that mean I get my visa?
也就是说我的签证下来了?
A: Hello, Miss Lin. I'm so glad to see you.
你好,林小姐。你到你我真高兴。
B: I've been here hundreds of times for the visa, so you couldn't possibly be glad to see me again.
为了签证,我已经来这许多次了,因此,你又见到了我就不可能感到高兴。
A: But I;m really glad to see you this morning.
可是今天早上见到你,我是真的高兴。
B: Does that mean I get my visa?
也就是说我的签证下来了?
第二句:I was going to ring you up to let you know the visa has been granted at last.
我刚才正要给你打电话,告诉你签证终于批准了。
A: I was going to ring you up to let you know the visa has been granted at last.
我刚才正要给你打电话,告诉你签证终于批准了。
B: Really? i can hardly believe my ears.
真的吗?我几乎不能相信自己的耳朵了。
A: Congratulations.
恭喜你。
B: Thank you.
谢谢。
背诵句型:
I must ring up Mr. Smith and find out if he's free this afternoon.
我的给史密斯先生打电话,看他今天下午是否有空。
She was ringing up her sale on a cash register.
他在收银机上记录收款数据。
The advertising agency rang up 1.4 billion dollars in yearly sales.
这家广告公司每年赢利14亿美元。