您的位置 首页 英语阅读

参加派对

ANN: I think I'm going to go home.安:我想我要回家了。SHARON: Why? We just got here.夏伦:怎么了?我们才刚到。ANN: I know, but it's 12:30. It's pretty late.安:我知道,但是已经12:30。已经很晚了。SHARON: 12:3

ANN: I think I'm going to go home.

安:我想我要回家了。

SHARON: Why? We just got here.

夏伦:怎么了?我们才刚到。

ANN: I know, but it's 12:30. It's pretty late.

安:我知道,但是已经12:30。已经很晚了。

SHARON: 12:30 isn't late! this party will probably go until three or four o'clock.C'mon, don't leave yet!

夏伦:12:30 并不晚!这个派对大概要到三或四点。好啦,先不要走啦!

ANN: Three or four o'clock?

安:三或四点?

参加派对

SHARON: Yes.

夏伦:是呀。

ANN: I never stay out that late. That's too late.

安:我从来没有在外面待到那么晚。那太晚了。

SHARON: But why is it too late? It's Saturday night.You have nothing to do tomorrow. Why not stay out and drink with us?

夏伦:但是为什么会很晚呢?那是星期六的晚上。你明天又没有事做。为什么不呆晚一点和我们一起喝酒?

ANN: were you so wild when you were still in Taipei, Sharon?

安:夏伦,你当你还是在台北一样疯狂吗?

SHARON: Yes, I was. And I like living here.People know how to party here. In Taipei, some people know how to party.But here, everyone does.

夏伦:对呀,我是。我很喜欢在这生活。这里的人都知道怎么派对。在台北,只有一些人知道怎么派对。但在这儿,每个人都知道。

ANN: What is that they're doing on the couch?

安:在沙发上的人在做些什么?

SHARON: They're smoking pot. Don't worry about it.

夏伦:他们在哈叶子。别担心。

ANN: Pot? Isn't that marijuana?

安:叶子?那是大麻吗?

SHARON: Yes, it is.

夏伦:是,没错。

ANN: But, Sharon, that's illegal! The police could come, and we could go to jail.

安:但,夏伦,那是非法的!警察可能会来,我们都会被关起来。

SHARON: Don't worry about it. It is true that pot is illegal in America.But the laws aren't as strict as in Taiwan.If people are arrested, and they have a little pot in their possession,they don't go to jail. They just have to pay a fine.

夏伦:别太担心。没错,大麻在美国是非法的。但法律并没有在台湾那么严。如果有人被抓,他们身上有少量的大麻他们不会被关起来。他们只要付罚款。

ANN: Really?

安:真的吗?

SHARON: Yes.

夏伦:是的。

ANN: I didn't know you had such wild friends. Do you smoke marijuana too?

安:我并不知道你有这样疯狂的朋友。你有抽大麻吗?

SHARON: I tried it a couple times. But I don't like it. I like alcohol better.Don't worry about them, though. If you don't want to smoke pot, you don't have to.

夏伦:我试过几次,但我不喜欢。我比较喜欢酒。别太在意。如果你不喜欢抽大麻,你就不必抽。

ANN: I don't want to.

安:我不想要。

SHARON: That's alright. But you really should have another drink.People will probably start dancing soon.

夏伦:没有关系。但你真的应该再喝一杯。大部份的人都快要开始跳舞了。

ANN: I don't know if I can drink more. I already had two drinks.

安:我不知道我还能不能再喝,我已经喝了两杯了。

SHARON: You had two drinks at nine o'clock.C'mon, Ann, you are in an American university now! You have to learn how to drink.

夏伦:你在九点的时候喝了两杯。好啦,安,你现在是在美国的大学咧!你得学习着喝酒。

ANN: I thought a university was for studying.

安:我以为上大学是来念书的。

SHARON: It is. We study hard all week.And then, on the weekend, we party hard. That's the best way to live.

夏伦:是呀。我们整个礼拜都念得很辛苦。所以,在周末,我们也很努力派对。那是最好的生活方法。

ANN: Alright. I'll have another drink.

安:好吧。我再来一杯。

本文来自网络,不代表英语网立场,转载请注明出处:https://www.yingyuw.cn/en/31584.html

为您推荐