We're going to have a few friends over at my house.
我的几个朋友准备在我家聚一聚。
A: We're going to have a few friends over at my house. Would you like to come?
我们几个朋友准备在我家聚一聚,你能来吗?
B:Absolutely.
当然要去。
We have a party tonight.Would you like to come?
我们晚上有个派对,你来吗?
A: We have a party tonight. Would you like to come?
我们晚上有个派对,你来吗?
B:I'd love to.
我很愿意来。
I want to buy you a drink.
我想请你喝杯酒。
A:I want to buy you a drink.
我想请你喝杯酒。
B:That's great.
那太好了。
buy sb.sth.= buy sth.for sb.意为“给某人买某物”。
Could you come to my house for a beer?
到我家来一起喝一杯怎么样?
A: Could you come to my house for a beer?
到我家来一起喝一杯怎么样?
B:I'd love to.
我很愿意。
I'd like to have you dance with me tonight.
我想约你今晚和我跳舞去。
If you are not doing anything, would you like to go dancing?
如果你没有其他事,去跳舞怎么样?
A: I'd like to have you dance with me tonight. Are you free?
我想约你今晚和我跳舞去,你有时间吗?
B:Yes.
有时间。
What are you doing over the weekend?
这个周末你打算干什么?
A: What are you doing over the weekend?
这个周末你打算干什么?
B:I'm thinking about it.
我正在考虑呢。
英美人在口语中常用现在进行时代替一般将来时,本句就是一例。
Do you have anything to do next Sunday?
你下个星期天有什么打算吗?
A: Do you have anything to do next Sunday?
你下个星期天有什么打算吗?
B: Up till now,I have no plan.
到目前为止我还没想好。
I can wait your leisure.
我会等到你有空的时候。
A:I'm very busy. Don't call me any more today.
我很忙。今天别再给我打电话了。
B: I can wait at your leisure.
我会等到你有空的时候。
at one's leisure“在某人有空时”
I'II call you when you have time.
等你有时间我再打电话给你。
A:Now I have something urgent to deal with.
我现在有急事需要处理。
B: Then I'll call you when you have time.
那等你有时间我再打电话给你。
What're you going to do on Tuesday night?
你星期二晚上准备做什么?
A: What're you going to do on Tuesday night?
你星期二晚上准备做什么?
B:Why?
有什么事情吗?
Are you free this Sunday?
这个星期天你有时间吗?
A:Are you free this Sunday? I want to invite you to a fashion show.
这个星期天你有时间吗?我想邀请你去看时装表演。
B:That's great.
太好了。
Are you busy on the twelfth?
12号你忙吗?
A: Are you busy on the twelfth?
12号你忙吗?
B: I will have a conference that day.
那天我要开会。
conference n. 会议
在英语中,日期应用序数词表示,如句中的“the twelfth”。在口语中,有时“the”可以不读出来。
When can we expect you for a picnic?
你什么时间能来参加我们的野餐呀?
A:When can we expect you for a picnic?
你什么时间能来参加我们的野餐呀?
B: Is this Sunday all right?
这个星期日可以吗?
Would you like to see a movie with me?
你想不想和我一起去看电影?
A:Would you like to see a movie with me?
你想不想和我一起去看电影?
B:Yes. It's a pleasure.
很荣幸。
see a movie“看电影”
How about going out for a walk?
出去散步怎么样?
A: How about going out for a walk?
出去散步怎么样?
B:Great!
太好了!
Do you have plans for this morning?=Are you doing anything this morning?
今天上午你有安排吗?
A: Do you have plans for this morning?
今天上午你有安排吗?
B: Yes, I have an interview fora job
有安排,我得去参加工作面试。
interview n. 面试
Are you free later today?
今天晚些时候有空吗?
A: Are you free later today?
今天晚些时候有空吗?
B:I'm afraid not.
恐怕没有。
How about having dinner together.
一起吃晚饭好吗?
A: How about having dinner together.
一起吃晚饭好吗?
B: I'm sorry. I already have another appointment tonight.
对不起,我晚上有约会。
appointment n. 约会,约见
“How about”和“What about”意为“…怎么样?”,后面如果直接接动词,则要用动词的ing形式。
Can you come then?
那你能来吗?
A: Jane, I just got your invitation. Thank you for it,
简,我刚收到你们的邀请。谢谢。
B:Can you come then?
那你能来吗?
invitation n. 邀请