May l introduce myself to you?= May l present myself to you?
我能自我介绍一下吗?
Let me introduce myself to you.
我来自我介绍一下。
Please let me introduce myself.
请允许我自我介绍。
I'd like to introduce myself.
我想自我介绍一下。
My name is David Smith.
我是大卫·史密。
A:Hi,are you...?
你好,你是…?
B:My name is David Smith.
我是大卫-史密斯。
Please call me David.
请叫我大卫
A:Please call me David.
请叫我大卫。
B:Nice to meet you.
很高兴认识你。
直接称呼名字可以增进相互间的亲密感。
Excuse me.I'm David Smith.= Excuse me. My name is David Smith.
打扰了,我叫大卫·史密斯。
A: Excuse me. I'm David Smith.
打扰了,我叫大卫·史密斯。
B: I'm Jane Green. Glad to meet you.
我是简·格林。很高兴见到你。
My surname is Smith.= My last name is Smith.= My family name is Smith.
我的姓是史密斯。
surname n. 姓
How do you do? I'm Jane.
你好,我是简。
A: How do you do? I'm David
你好,我是大卫。
B:How do you do? I'm Jane.
你好,我是简。
"How do you do?"是陌生人初次见面时的问候语。
We are namesakes.
我们俩同名同姓。
I have the same name with you.
我们俩名字一样。
namesake n. 同名的人
l come from Beijing,China.
我来自中国北京。
I was born in China.
我在中国出生。
A: Where are you from?
你从哪儿来?
B: I come from Beijing, China.
我来自中国北京。
I've lived in America since l was born.= I've lived in America my whole life.
我从一出生就住在美国了。
A: How long have you been in America?
你在美国住多久了?
B: I've lived in America since l was born.
我从一出生就住在美国了。
My nationality is Chinese.=l have Chinese nationality!
我的国籍是中国。
当回答或表达自己是哪国国籍时,要用Chinese.American,French等表示“某国人”的词,而不是China.America和France等表示“国家”的词。
Anhui is my hometown.
我的故乡是安徽。
A:Anhui is my hometown.
我的故乡是安徽。
B:I've been there.
我去过那儿。
My address is on l-onshow Street, Beijing.
我的地址是北京市昂秀街1号。
What's your new address?
你的新地址是什么?
My address is on l onshow Street, Beijing.
我的地址是北京市昂秀街1号。
I live in the downtown area.
我住在市区。
I live in the suburb.
我住在郊区。
A: I live in the downtown area.
我住在市区。
B:Is it noisy there?
那儿很吵吗?
downtown n. 市区
suburb n. 郊区
My flat is near to the company.
我的公寓就在公司附近。
I live near the company.
我住在公司附近。
My flat is nearby.
我的公寓就在附近。
A:My flat is near to the company.
我的公寓就在公司附近。
B:You're very lucky
你真幸运。
It's only a 15-minute walk from my firm to the flat.
从公司到我的公寓只需走15分钟。
A: It's only a 15-minute walk from my firm to the flat.
从公司到我的公寓只需走15分钟。
B:Sounds great.
真不错。
walk在这里用作名词,表示“行程”,与之使用方法相同的还有“drive车程”。
I'm working as a teacher of English.
我是个英语教师。
A:What do you do?
你的工作是什么?
B: I'm working as a teacher of English.
我是个英语教师。
I'm in computers.= I'm working in IT.
我从事电脑工作。
I'm in the computer business.
我从事电脑相关工作。
I'm a computer engineer.
我是电脑工程师。
A:What do you do,David?
大卫,你做什么工作?
B:I'm in computers.
我从事电脑工作。
句子中的“in”表示在某一领域或范围内工作的意思。
There're three people in my family, my parents and me.
我家有三口人, 我的父母和我。
My family has three people.
我家有三口人。
A: How many people are there in your family?
你家有几口人?
B: There are three people in my family, my parents and me.
我家有三口人,我的父母和我。
I have one elder brother and one younger sister.
我有一个哥哥和一个妹妹。
A:Do you have any siblings?
你有兄弟姐妹吗?
B: I have one elder brother and one younger sister.
我有一个哥哥和一个妹妹。
sibling n. 兄弟姐妹
I already have a fiance.
我已经有对象了。
I've got married.
我已经结婚了。
A:I already have a fiance.
我已经有对象了。
B: When do you plan to marry?
你们什么时候结婚呢?
fiance和fianc6e分别表示“未婚夫”和“未婚妻”。这两个词均来自法语。
I have a happy family.
我有个幸福的家庭。
I live a happy life.
我过得很幸福。
My family lives in perfect harmony.
我的家庭很和睦。
My family has a harmonious atmosphere.
我的家庭有着和睦的气氛。
harmony n. 和睦,和谐
harmonious a. 和睦的
I'm faithful.
我是个守信用的人。
I have a strong sense of duty.
我有强烈的责任感。
A:I'm faithful.
我是个守信用的人。
B:I like someone like you.
我就喜欢你这种人。
I'm easy-going.
我比较随和。
I like to talk with people.
我喜欢和别人交谈。
A: You get along well with your colleagues
你跟你同事关系都不错。
B: That's because I'm easy-going
那是因为我比较随和。
colleague n. 同事
I hope I can be a friend to all of you.
我希望我能成为你们的朋友。
A:I hope l can be a friend to all of you.
我希望我能成为你们的朋友。
B:You will.你会的。
本句中的“to”意思是“于(你们)。