Excuse me,are you...?
对不起,您是......吗?(通用)
A:Excuse me,are you Mr Williams from America? B:Yes,I am.
对不起,您一定是美国来的威廉先生吧?是的。
A:I'm Li Ming from CITS .Glad to see you.
我是中国国际旅行社的李明.见到你很高兴.
B:Glad to see you too.
见到你我也很高兴.
Is the girl in red(blue ...)...
穿红(蓝...)衣服的那个女孩是...吗?
A:Is the girl in red your girlfriend ?
穿红衣服的那个女孩是你的女朋友吗?
B:No,she isn't.My girlfriend hates red.
不,我的女朋友不喜欢红色。
A:Who's she then? B:A classmate of mine.
她是谁呢?是我的一个同学。
Who's the man that...?
那个...人是谁?(通用)
A:Who's the man that is kicking the boy? B:He's the poor kid's father.
踢打孩子的那个人是谁?是可怜的孩子的父亲.
A:Does he often beat his son? B:Yes,very.
他常常打孩子吗?是的,经常打。
Which one do you mean?
你说的是哪一个?(通用)
A:That man's really a bore to me. B:Which one do you mean?
那人真无聊。哪一个?
A:The man with his hair cropped.
留平头的那一个。
Is his father a ...?
他父亲是...吗?(通用)
A:Is his father a worker?
他父亲是工人吗?
B:No,he isn't.He's an engineer,the most famous one in our company.
不,是工程师,我公司最有名的工程师。
A:No wonder his son is so clever.
难怪他儿子那么聪明。
Which one of them is ...?
其中哪位是...?
A:Which one of them is Marys brother? B:The one with a very big nose.
哪个是玛丽的弟弟?大鼻子的那一位。
A:I'd like to meet him.Will you introduce him to me? B:OK.
我想结识一下,引见一下好吗?好的。
What's the name of ...?
...叫什么?(通用)
A:What's the name of the girl that has just passed us?
刚才在我们身边超过的那个女孩叫什么?
B:Her name is Rose.Why?
她叫罗斯,什么事?
A:She's so pretty.I'd like to make friends with her.
她很美,我想和她交朋友。
B:Oh,shut up.She's already got married.
得了,闭嘴吧。她早结婚了。
Let me show you.
我来告诉你。(通用)
A:Who's the champion in this picture?
照片上哪个是冠军?
B:Let me show you,the one with curly hair. A:He's very handsome,I think.
我来告诉你,卷头发的那.我觉得他很帅气.
Can you recognize...?
你能认出...吗?(通用)
A:Can you recognize Mike's father in the crowd?
你能在人群中认出迈克的父亲吗?
B:Yes,he's holding a bunch of books. A:Let's run up and give him a hand.
能,抱书的那一个.咱们跑过去帮他一把。
Can you point out...?
您能人我指出...吗?(通用)
A:Here's the picture of my family. A:Can you point out your mother for me?
这是我的全家照.把你妈妈指给我好吗?
A:OK.She's near-sighted,with a pair of glasses on her nose.
好的,好眼睛近视,戴着一副眼镜.
She is the only one wearing glasses in my family.
我家就她戴眼镜。
May I ask who is the ...?
请问哪位是...?(较正式)
A:May I ask who's the manager? B:I am. What can I do for you?
请问哪位是经理?我就是.您有什么事?
A:I've something urgent to tell you. B:Come on in,please.
有急事要告诉你。请进!
You must be ...
你一定是....。(通用)
A:You must be Mr White from Britain. B:Yes,may I know your name?
你一定是英国来的怀特先生.是的.你贵姓?
A:I'm Michael Smith from Eale Corporation.Pleased to meet you.
我是意格公司的迈克尔.史密斯,见到你很高兴.
Who's the ...you talked to just now?
你刚才谈话的那个人是谁?(通用)
A:Who's the woman you talked to just now?
刚才和你谈话的那位女士是谁?
B:She's the one who saved the life of my son at the beach last year.
她就是去年在海滩救我孩子命的那一位。
A:Oh,no wonder you're so respectful to her.
噢,难怪你对她那么敬重。
Haven't we met somewhere?
我们以前见过吗?(通用)
A:Excuse me,haven't we met somewhere before?
请问,我们以前见过面吗?
B:Yes,I'm Jame,your neighbor when you lived in here last year.
是的,我叫珍妮,去年你住这儿时我们是邻居。
A:Oh,I see.Glad to see you here. B:Me too.
哦,对了.在这儿见到你真叫人高兴.我也是。
Is that woman...?
那们女士是......?(通用)
A:Is that boy standing there your brother?
站在那儿的那个男孩子是你弟弟吧?
B:No.My brother is playing football there.
不是,我弟弟正在那儿玩足球。
A:He's really a good player. B:Thank you for your compliments.
踢得真不错。谢谢夸奖。
Who's it knocking at the door?
谁在敲门?(通用)
A:Who's it knocking at the door?
谁在敲门?
B:I think it's the postman.Will you go and open the door?
我想是邮递员吧.去开门好吗?
A:All right.I'll get it.
好的。我去开门。
Do you know who that man is?
你知道那个人是谁吗?
A:Do you know who that tall man is?
您知道那个高个儿男子是谁?
B:He's a member of the National Basketball Association.
是国家篮球协会的成员。
A:Do you know where he comes from? B:Some people say he's from New York.
他是哪儿的人,你知道吗?有人说他是纽约人。
I wonder who that man is .
不知道那个人是谁。(通用)
A:I wonder who that man is. B:Which man?
不知道那个人是谁。哪个人?
A:The one smoking a cigar. B:Oh,he's the coach of the football team.
抽雪茄的那一个.噢,足球队的教练。
Who's calling/speaking,please?
你是谁呀?
A:Who's calling,please? B:This is John.
你是哪位?是约翰。
A:What is it ,John? B:I wonder if I can use your bike.
什么事,约翰?用用你的自行车行吗?
May I know who's calling?
请问您是谁?(电话上分辨人)(较正式)
A:May I know who's calling? B:Hello,this is David.
请问您是哪位?喂!是戴维。
A:Glad to hear your voice,David.
听到你的声音很高兴。