Getting fit在英语中指的是为了让体质更好,生活方式更加健康而所做的锻炼。为了保持好身材,人们通常会去健身房进行锻炼。在那里,他们会做各式各样的运动,例如俯卧撑、仰卧起坐等。做做伸展运动也十分重要,这些运动应该是在你去健身房前或后进行。
At they gym, you'll fid lots of equipment such as weight lifting machines, exercise bikes, ellipticals, and treadmills.
在健身房,你会看到许多器材,例如举重机、健身脚踏车、椭圆机和跑步机。
Most health clubs also offer jogging tracks and areas for aerobics, as well as classes in fitness activities such as Zumba, or spinning classes. Most gyms offer changing rooms nowadays. Some even have whirlpools, steam rooms, and saunas to help you relax and unwind your muscles after a long hard workout.
大多数健身俱乐部也会提供慢跑跑道及健美操区,以及健身活动课程,如尊巴或动感单车。现在的多数健身房会提供更衣室,一些甚至还配备了浴缸、蒸汽浴室和桑拿浴来帮助你在长时间的强度锻炼后得到休息,并放松肌肉。
The important thing to remember when getting fit is that you need to be consistent. In other words, you'll need to go to the gym on a regular basis. Maybe three or four times a week. It's a good idea to do a wide range of exercises rather than focus on just one such as weight lifting. For example, do fifteen minutes of stretching and aerobics, combined with a half hour of bike riding and another fifteen minutes of weight lifting on two days of the week. On the other two, play some basketball, go jogging and use the elliptical. Varying your routine will help keep you coming back, as well as help keep your whole body fit.
在健身的时候,你要记住重要的一点,就是持之以恒。也就是说,你要定期地去健身房锻炼。也许一周三到四次。比起只做一项运动,例如举重,尝试多种多样的运动是一个不错的选择。例如,每周抽出两天时间,做15分钟的伸展运动和健美操,再配合半个小时脚踏车,加上15分钟的举重。剩下的两天可以打打篮球、慢跑和做做椭圆机锻炼。丰富自己的计划可以使你坚持下来,对你保持身体健康也有益。
In the Gym Dialogue
健身房常用对话
1. Hello, my name is Jane and I'd like to ask a few questions about getting fit.
你好,我叫简。我想问一些关于健身的问题。
2. Hi, Jane. What can I do for you?
你好,简。我能为你做些什么?
1. I need to get in shape.
我需要保持体型。
2. Well, you've come to the right place. Have you been doing any exercise lately?
哦,那你真是来对地方了。最近你有做过什么锻炼吗?
1. I'm afraid not.
恐怕没有。
2. OK. We'll start off slow. Which type of exercise do you enjoy doing?
好,我们会循序渐进的开始。你喜欢做什么类型的运动?
1. I like doing aerobics, but I hate jogging. I don't mind doing some weight-lifting, though.
我想跳健美操,但讨厌慢跑。不过我倒不介意做一些举重的锻炼。
2. Great, that gives us plenty to work with. How often can you work out?
棒极了,我们要做的工作有许多。你多久做一次运动?
1. Twice or three times a week would be good.
一周两次或三次挺好的。
2. Why don't we start with an aerobics class twice a week followed by a little weight lifting?
为什么不一周上两次健美操课,然后再做一些举重的锻炼呢?
1. Sounds fine to me.
听起来不错。
2. You'll need to start slowly and build up gradually to three or four times a week.
你需要循序渐进,然后再慢慢加强到每周三到四次。
1. OK. What kind of equipment will I need?
好的。我需要准备哪些装备?
2. You'll need a leotard and some sneakers.
你需要一件紧身连衣裤和几双胶底运动鞋。
1. Is that all? How do I sign up for the classes?
这些就够了吗?我该怎么报名?
2. We'll need you to join the gym and then you can choose which classes fit your schedule best.
我们需要你加入健身房,然后你就可以选择最适合你的时间表的课程了。
1. Great! I can't wait to get started. Thanks for your advice.
真棒!我迫不及待地想要开始了。谢谢你的建议。
2. No problem. I'll see you in aerobics class!
不客气。咱们健美操课上见!
Key Vocabulary
重点词汇
(do) exercise 锻炼
advice 建议
aerobics 健美操
changing room 更衣室
elliptical 椭圆机
equipment 装备
exercise bike 健身脚踏车
get fit 健身
get in shape 保持体型
jogging 慢跑
join 加入
leotard 健身连衣裤
push-up 俯卧撑
sauna 桑拿浴
sign up 注册
sit-up 仰卧起坐
sneakers 胶底运动鞋
spinning class 动感单车课
steam room 蒸汽浴室
stretching 伸展运动
treadmill 跑步机
unwind 放松
weight lifting machines 举重机
weight lifting 举重
whirlpool 浴缸
Zumba 尊巴