As a language learner, you will probably hear native speakers use catchphrases or quotes they’ve heard from movies. Using some of these quotes will certainly spice up your conversations with native speakers.
作为一个语言学习者,你一定听过母语是英语的人引用一些电影里的标语或台词。使用这些台词能够让你和他们的对话显得更地道。
1.“Bond. James Bond”
1. “邦德。詹姆斯邦德”(出自007系列《诺博士》)
The first time James Bond introduces himself to Sylvia Trench.
詹姆斯·邦德第一次向西尔维亚介绍自己的时候说了这句话。
This has now become so iconic as an introduction that people (often men!) use it to introduce themselves in a humorous way, for example, “My name’s Streat. Shanthi Streat”.
现在这句话已经成为了一个经典的自我介绍,尤其是男士会这样介绍自己以示幽默,比如你可以说:“My name’s Streat. Shanthi Streat”,先说姓,再说名。
2. “Who you gonna call?”
2. “你要找谁?”(出自 《捉鬼敢死队》)
This was a music hit for Ray Parker Jr in 1984 and has since become a popular catchphrase especially if you need to call a plumber or electrician to fix something in the house.
这是罗伊·帕克·杰在1984年为电影写的主题曲歌名,现在已经成为了流行语,如果你需要水管工或是电工来家里维修的时候,可以说这句话。
3. “You talking to me?”
3. “你和我说话?”(出自 《出租车司机》)
Robert De Niro’s character Bickle is looking at himself in the mirror and is imagining a situation where he can pull out his gun.
罗伯特·德尼罗扮演的贝克站在镜子前想象自己掏出枪恐吓别人的场景。
A lot of people use it again in a humorous way when they want to sound intimidating.
当人们希望表现自己的话有威慑力的时候,会说这句话,当然这也是一种幽默的说法。
4. “Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn.”
4. “说实话,关我毛事”(出自 《乱世佳人》)
Rhett Butler, to Scarlett, answering her question of where to go, what to do
白瑞德用这句话来回答郝思嘉的问题:“你要去哪,去干什么”
“I don’t give a damn” is another way of saying “I don’t care”. If you’re particularly annoyed with someone you could use this expression.
“I don’t give a damn”意思和“I don’t care”一样,都是表示不在乎,当你对某人感到厌烦的时候可以这样说。
5. “Hasta la vista…baby.”
5.“一会儿见”(出自 《终结者2:审判日》,原文西班牙语)
The Terminator, to T-1000, before shattering his liquid nitrogen frozen body
终结者在打破机器人杀手T-1000的液氮身体前说了这句话。
You can use this any time to say goodbye to someone (without needing to kill them off, of course!)
在和别人说再见的时候,你可以用这句话代替。(当然,不用把对方干掉哈!)