1. He's squirreled some money away.
他有自己的小金库。
►squirrel away 贮存;把…存起备用;藏匿
Squirrel作名词时是松鼠的意思。松鼠喜欢把找到的食物藏在它们挖的洞里,以备日后需用,于是这就产生了习惯用语 squirrel away。这里的squirrel是动词,squirrel away形象生动地描绘人们把钱或者别的值钱东西储存在安全的地方,以备不时之需。
2. It’s a fool’s errand trying to do that.
傻子才会那么做。
►fool's errand 白费力的事,徒劳
e.g. He sent me on a fool's errand . 他派我去干白费力的事。
3. You have no business interfering.
你无权干涉。
4. He dismissed the idea out of hand.
他彻底打消了这个念头。
►out of hand 无法控制;脱手,告终;立即
e.g. this situation appears to be completely out of hand. 看来形势已完全失去控制。
5. I like millet congee.
我喜欢喝小米粥。
►millet congee 小米粥
6. I’m allergic to sea food.
我吃海鲜过敏。
7. I don’t mince my words.
我向来有话直说。
►mince words 婉转地说,拐弯抹角,半吞半吐地讲。常用于否定句。
8. Concubine Yang got BO.
杨贵妃有狐臭。
9. I’ll bang the drum for you.
我会为你擂鼓助威。
10. Teachers must be tuned in to students’ needs.
教师一定要理解学生想要什么。