1. I immediately felt small.
我立刻感到自己的渺小。
2. You’d fall between two stools.
你会两头落空的。
►fall between two stools 两头落空,左右不讨好
e.g. If you don't make your choice in time, you are likely to fall between two stools. 如果你不及时作出决定,就会两头落空。
3. She is bedridden.
她只能卧床。
4. I’ll thrash you.
我抽你。
5. I’m on the shelf.
我是嫁不出去喽。
►on the shelf 在搁板上,束之高阁,推迟执行,嫁不出去,未被雇佣的,已退休的
6. You cannot unscramble scrambled eggs.
木已成舟。
►unscramble v. 整理,使恢复原状,译出密码
scrambled eggs 炒鸡蛋,摊鸡蛋
理解一下字面意思,抄鸡蛋已无法还原为鸡蛋了,那么就是木已成舟,已成定局,不可挽回了
7. The revolt was quashed.
起义被镇压了。
8. You’ll meet your Waterloo.
你会遭遇滑铁卢。
►meet one's Waterloo 遭到惨败,一败涂地
成语典故,源于拿破仑在滑铁卢(Waterloo)一战,遭遇惨败,结束了拿破仑帝国。
9. I enjoy the placid pace of village life.
我喜欢宁静的乡村生活。
10. At least you can avoid the drudgery of housework.
你至少不用干家务。