汉语中常有“阴沉着脸”、“愁云密布”等跟天气相关的词语,那么英语中有没有类似的表达呢?下面我们一起来看一下吧:
1. What's up with him today? He has a face like thunder!
他今天怎么了?他看着怒气冲冲的。
2. I'm a bit disappointed in John and David. It turned out they were only fair-weather friends.
我对约翰和大卫有点失望,原来他们不过是靠不住的酒肉朋友。
3. We don't have a snowball's chance of winning that contract!
我们根本就没有一点希望能签那份合同。
4. Don't worry about those two arguing. it's just a storm in a teacup.
不用为他俩的争执担心,他们不过是小题大做罢了。
5. The exam was a breeze.
这次考试真是太容易了。
6. We're snowed under at work.
我工作忙得不可开交。
7. They're blowing hot and cold over this issue. It's impossible to know what they want!
他们在这件事情上摇摆不定,根本不可能知道他们到底想要什么!
8. He's always working in his garden - come rain or shine.
他总在花园里干活,风雨无阻。
9. It's going to get very busy on Thursday. Today and tomorrow are just the lull before the storm.
我们周四会很忙的,今天和明天只是暴风雨来临之前暂时的宁静。
10. I don't want to spend this extra money. I'll save it up for a rainy day.
我不想把这些额外收入花掉,我打算存起来以备不时之需。
11. I'm going to see which way the wind blows before asking her about a raise.
我打算先观察一下形势,然后再提加薪的事。
12. You'll steal her thunder if you wear that dress tonight!
如果你今晚穿那条裙子,你会抢了她的风头的!
13. I'm feeling a bit under the weather at the moment.
我觉得不太舒服。
14. This recession is quite serious and it's becoming difficult to weather the storm.
这次经济衰退很严重,很难扛过去啊!