情景会话
A: I haven't been to the movies in ages.
A: 我好久没看电影了。
B: So, let's go see one. What did you have in mind?
B: 那我们去看场电影吧!你想看什么样的电影呢?
A: Nothing in particular, really, I am just feeling like taking in a film.
A: 什么都行,我就是想看场电影罢了。
B: Well, here we have every kind of movie theaters you could ask for; from international and independent films to Hollywood blockbusters.
B: 嗯,在这儿我们有各种类型的电影院,你想要看什么都有;从世界各国的影片到独立制片都有,也少不了好莱坞的商业电影。
A: Oh, where can I find the times and location listings?
A: 这样啊,哪里可以找到电影场次表跟各戏院的位置呢?
B: Just look in the English newspaper; 7-11 carries them.
B: 去翻翻英文报纸就行啦,在7-11便利店就买得到。
单词与短语
in ages
好久、很长一段时间
in particular
特别地
take in ...
让……进入/接受(本文指的是让自己沉浸在一部电影的气氛当中)
a movie theater
电影院
Hollywood blockbuster
好莱坞大片
listings
列表、选单
句型解析
1. I haven't been to the movies in ages. 我好久没看电影了。
这通常用来表示很渴望去做某件事情,或者间隔了一段时间之后再做某事所获得的满足感。
This beef noodles is so good; I haven't had one in ages.
这牛肉面真好吃,我好久没吃到这么好吃的牛肉面了。
近似说法:
I don't remember the last time I went to the movies!
我已经不记得我上次看电影是什么时候了!(我真的好久没看电影了!)
I haven't had a good cheeseburger in a million years.
我有几百年没吃过这么好吃的起司汉堡了。
2. What did you have in mind? 你想要看什么?/你有什么想法?
What did you have in mind for dinner?
晚餐你想吃什么呢?
近似说法:
What kind do you feel like?
你想要看哪一种(电影)呢?
Do you have any preferences?
你有什么特别的偏好吗?