您的位置 首页 英语口语

看欧美电影不可不知的口语

chasing the skirt 追求女性He never did well at university, because he was always out drinking beer and chasing the skirt. 他在大学里总是不好好学习,因为他总出去喝啤酒,还追女孩子.pull sth Off 把什么事做好I didn 't thin

chasing the skirt  追求女性

He never did well at university, because he was always out drinking beer and chasing the skirt. 他在大学里总是不好好学习,因为他总出去喝啤酒,还追女孩子.

pull sth Off  把什么事做好

I didn 't think the dinner would go well ,but we pulled it off beautifully. 我原以为这顿饭完蛋了,但是结果我们做的很好.

看欧美电影不可不知的口语

set sb up  介绍...给....(异性)

My cousin is always trying to set me up with women from her officer. 表姐总是尝试着把她的同事介绍给我.

go way back 有交情,两个人在一起很长时间

= two or more people have know lang time

Angela and I go way back, we've known each other since elementary school. 我和Angela很有交情,我们高中的时候就认识了.

My boss and I go way back , she was my boss at my first job. 我和老板关系很好,因为她是我第一个工作的老板.

click  一拍即合

I met my gf at a party and we clicked right away we ended up talking for five hours 我在晚会上认识我的女友,我们一拍即合,聊了五个小时.

the third wheel  电灯泡,多余的人

It wasn't until I arrived at the party and met Suzie that I realized that I was the third wheel on my friend's date.   直到我到了晚会看见了Suzie我才发现自己在朋友的约会中是个电灯泡.

He felt like a third wheel because he doesn't know how to cook. 他感觉自己是个多余的人,因为他根本不会做饭.

on to 识破意图  = to know what someone doing

After months of detective work, the police were finally on to the plans of the criminals.  在几个月的侦查工作以后,警察最终识破了罪犯的意图.

I want to keep the birthday present a secret but I think she is on to me. 我本来打算对生日礼物保密的,但是还是被她识破了.

Take it on the chin 忍气吞声

When I found out that you were lying to me , did you expect me just to take it on the chin and move on?  当我发现你欺骗我的时候,你还期望我忍气吞声被感动吗?

When he was fired for no reason he took it on the chin and looked for another job. 没有理由的被开除了,他忍气吞声,找另一份工作.

off base  搞错了= wrong about sth

The report was well written , but it was slightly off base . 这篇报告的文笔不错,但是立意错了.

She was completely off base in thinking that I had lied to her 如果她认为我去骗她的话,那她就大错特错了.

bust one's balls  批评,讥笑(友好的态度)

My dad always busted my balls for being a terrible soccer player. 爸爸总是笑我打球不好.

Those guys busted my balls when I told them that I was going to marry the actress. 这些人听说我要与他们认识那个女演员结婚,就讥笑我.

本文来自网络,不代表英语网立场,转载请注明出处:https://www.yingyuw.cn/en/33370.html

为您推荐