1) Fred will be happy to come to your party.
佛列德可能欣然去参加你的派对。
*讨论邀某人参加派对,或佛列德的家人代为答应参加时说的话。
若佛列德本人回答说这句话,则算是一种致谢的措辞。
2) I can't tell you how happy this makes me.
我形容不出来我有多高兴。
*这一句使人联想到女朋友的邀请,令人感觉喜不自胜。
3) I had the luck of finding a good job.
我幸运地找到一个好工作。
*此句若没有good,便可意会此君是失业者。
4) How lucky we are!
我们多么幸运啊!
*在玩弹珠台的时候,若一连中了头彩,你会脱口而出这句话来。
5) Are you happy with your new job?
你对这一次的新工作感觉开心吗?
6) The teacher was not at all happy with his students.
那位老师对他的学生毫不满意。
*not at all是全部的否定。
7) Why aren't you happy?
为什么无聊呢?
*此句用处极多,译法也繁多,用于问不满意的原因何在。
8) I am very fortunate to have met you.
我很高兴能见到你。
*是人人常用的轻意招呼语,决不会失之于夸大。
9) My daughter was very pleased to do shopping.
我的女儿非常喜欢去购物。
*pleased to do是因喜欢而高兴之意。
10) Are you pleased at the idea of going?
你乐意跟我去吗?
11) Jeff was not pleased with his school grades.
杰夫不满意自己在学校的成绩。
*请一并记住pleased with的表达法。
12) I will be very glad when I receive the letter.
如能接到你的来信,我将会非常高兴。
13) Jenny is delighted with her poem.
珍妮为自己做的诗感到高兴。
14) His friend was filled with joy over the good news.
他的朋友因得知这个好消息而雀跃。
15) You will leap for joy when you hear the answer.
如果你听到了答案,你会高兴的跳起来的。
16) She was so happy that she shed tears of delight.
她因为太幸福了,所以喜极而泣。
17) John's parents will rejoice at his safe return.
约翰的双亲会因他的安然归来而惊喜万分。
18) Aren't you relieved that your puppy was finally found?
你的小狗终于找回来了,你应该安心了吧?