点菜时只需指着菜单说:
Please give me this one.(请给我来这个。)
We want two number eights, please.(我们要两份第八套餐。)
在点菜之前,一般先要份菜单:
May I have a menu, please?(我可以看菜单吗?)
如果不急于点菜,可以在服务生问到:
Can I take your order now?(你现在叫点什么吗?)
回答:
Not quite. Could I have a few more minutes?(不,我可以再多等会吗?)
需要叫菜时,可以说:
Please take my order.(我要点菜了。)
如果对当地的菜肴不熟悉,可以问:
What is the specialty of the restaurant?(有什么招牌菜推荐吗?)
Do you have any special meals today?(今天有什么特餐吗?)
What would you recommend? I prefer something light.(我想来点清淡些的,你能推荐什么吗?)
也可以让同来的人替你作主,或是点重复的饭菜:
I'll leave it to you.(你来点吧。)
I'll have the same as that one.(我要一份和那个一样的。)
自己点菜可以更随意些,例如:
A. Could you tell me how this thing is cooked?(能否告诉我这道菜是怎么做的?)
B. Lobster? It's steamed and served with our special sauce.(龙虾?蒸过后加上本店特制的调味料。)
A. Is it good?(好吃吗?)
B. Sure. It's a most popular dish.(当然,很受欢迎的。)
A. I think I'll try some lobster, and give me some green salad together.(我想我来点儿吧。再给我一份蔬菜沙拉。)
B. We have three dressings for salad. Which one would you like? (我们有三种沙拉调味汁,您要哪种?)
A. What kind do you have?(你们有什么?)
B. We have Italian, French and Thousand Island.(有意大利式、法式和千岛的。)
A. Make it French please.(给我法式的吧。)