Keep your shirt on!耐心一点!
对话一:
A:How much longer do we have to wait?
我们还要再等多久呀?
B:Keep your shirt on!
耐心一点!
The meeting will be very soon.
会议马上就结束了.
A:But we've been waiting two hours.
可是我们已经等了两个小时了.
B:I know.
我自有分寸.
对话二:
A:Hurry up,which pair of shoes do you like?
快一点,你到底喜欢哪一双鞋呀?
B:keep you shirt on!I can't decide which one to buy.
别着急嘛,我还没决定呢.
A:Those are all pretty,just pick one.
(这些鞋子都不错,随便挑一双吧.
B:All right.
好吧.
I'll get right on it.我马上就去做.
对话一:
A:We need to plan a party.
我们需要搞一个宴会.
B:What do you need me to do?
有什么需要我做的吗?
A:I need you to make a guest list.
我需要你做个"宾客单".
B:I 'll get right on it.
我马上就去做.
A:Good,and don't forget to invite Tom and Mary.
很好,记住不要忘了邀请汤姆和玛丽.
B:I won't.
我不会忘的.
对话二:
A:I need you to research this topic.
我需要你研究一下这个项目.
B:I'll get right on it.
我马上就去做.
A:Good,I need this information by noon.
好极了,中午前我就要这个资料.
B:I'll get it.
我到时会弄好的.
I know only too well.我知道得很清楚.
对话一:
A:I'm sorry you failed the test.
你考试没通过,我很遗.
B:I'm just so upset with myself.
我真生我自己的气.
A:I know only too well how you feel.
我很了解你现在的心情.
B:You do?
你知道?
A:Sure,I've failed my tests ,too.
当然,我也没考及格.
B:Then you do know how I feel.
那么你真的知道我的感受啦.
对话二:
A:Tom is so down that he won't talk to anyone.
汤姆好沮丧,他不跟任何人讲话.
B:I know only too well what that's like.
我很能理解那种感觉.
A:What do you mean?
什么意思?
B:I was very sad when I was laid off last year.
去年当我被解雇时我也如此悲伤.
hat's more like it.这还差不多.
对话一:
A:You should apologize to me.
你应该跟我道歉.
B:What for?
为什么?
A:You know what for.
你知道为什么.
B:I'm sorry.I didn't mean to do that.
很对不起,我不是故意的.
A:That's more like it.
这还差不多.
对话二:
A:The cowboys just scored a touchdown.
牛仔队刚刚触地得分.
B:That's more like it.
这还差不多.
A:Tell me about it.
就是这么说嘛.
B:They might actually win the game.
他们还真的很可能赢下这场比赛.