Sleep tight 睡个好觉
Good night, sleep tight/ Wake up bright/ In the morning light...
晚安,睡个好觉!清晨起得早,醒来精神好......
Hold it in 憋在心里
I feel very sad today.
But you look happy.
That is because I'm holding it in.
I hope it doesn't last long.
今天心情好差.
可是你看起来蛮愉快的啊!?
那是因为我憋在心里.
我希望那不会持续太久.
Keep it inside 放在心里
I want to tell him that he's a jerk.
You better just keep it inside.
I don't think I can.
If you don't, he will punch you in the mouth.
我要让他知道他是一个混帐.
你好别说出来.
我不认为我办得到.
如果你不这么认为,他会揍你.
drag your feet/heels:to be deliberately slow in doing something or in making a decision 故意拖拉;故意延迟(作出决定)
take something/somebody by storm:to be extremely successful very quickly in a particular place or among particular people 在某处大获成功;使观众等倾动
The play took London by storm. 这部剧很快就风靡伦敦.
windbag:a person who talks too much, and does not say anything important or interesting 夸夸其谈的人;空话连篇的人;话匣子
A: You know what? Howard spent hour talking nonsense to me last night.
你知道吗?霍华德昨晚花了几个小时跟我讲了一大堆废话.
B: You poor guy! Everyone knows he's a real windbag.
你这个可怜的家伙!大家都知道他是个很罗哩巴嗦的人.
behind somebody's back:without somebody's knowledge or permission 背着某人;背地里;私下
Have you been talking about me behind my back? 你们是不是在背后说我的闲话?
They went ahead and sold it behind my back. 他们径自背着我把它卖了.
get off somebody's back:to stop annoying somebody, for example by criticizing them, or asking them to do something 不再烦扰某人(如停止批评或缠磨等)
Just get off my back, will you! 请别烦我了好吗!
turn your back on somebody/something:to reject somebody/something that you have previously been connected with 背弃;抛弃
She turned her back on them when they needed her. 他们需要她的时候,她却背弃了他们.
shy of:lacking the amount that is needed 欠缺;不足;未达到;不够
He died before Christmas, only a month shy of his 90th birthday. 他在圣诞节前去世了,仅差一个月就满 90 岁.