It doesn't get much prettier than that.再好不过了,最好
Look at the guy.He swings at the ball.It doesn't get much prettier than that.
你看那家伙,他挥棒击球的动作,真是棒啊!
This deal is perfectly laid out.Everyone is gonna get a good share of profits.It doesn't get much prettier than that.
这笔交易设计得不错,人人有份,再好不过了.
Suffer the consequences:承担后果,后果自负
After he refused his family's help,he have to suffer the consequences alone.
他在拒绝家里帮助之后,只能自己承担后果了.
You either plead the guilty now,or suffer the consequences.
要么现在招供,要么后果自负.
Lay sth. on the line拿...冒险
I was really laying it on the line when I told my coach I couldn't go to the game,because he would kicked me off the team.
跟教练说我不去参加比赛真的是在冒险,因为教练很有可能把我踢出球队.
She was laying it on the line when she bet 5000 on the boxing match.
她用5000块钱去赌拳击,真的是在开玩笑.
look up to尊敬,敬仰,崇拜
I really look up to Michael Jordan.He's a great basketball player.
我非常崇拜迈克尔.乔丹,他是个伟大的篮球运动员.
A lot of people look up to you.You'd better know what you are doing.
很多人敬仰你,所以你最好明白你在做什么.
Work one's tail off:做事非常努力
I've worked my tail off for this company.You can't fire me now.
我为公司拼命的干活,你不能现在把我炒了.
Mom,I think I deserve a night out.I've worked my tail off to get into Beijing University.
妈妈,我想我今晚可以出去玩的.为了上北大,我已经在很努力的学了.
With all due respect 恕我直言,我冒昧地说一句
I understand what you're saying,but with all due respect I've been studying this topic for a lot longer than you have.
我明白你说的.可是恕我直言,我学这个比你时间长多了.
With all due respect,you're just not ready to take responsibility for the entire project.
我冒昧地说一句,你现在还没能力负责整个项目.
have a word with sb:跟某人谈话
There was a really cute guy at the meeting.I asked to have a word with him so I can get his phone number.
会上有个不错的小伙子.我想给他聊几句,再问问他电话.
I knew I was in big trouble when the teacher asked to have a word with me after class.
老师说下课之后要找我谈话,我知道我要倒霉了.
Could I have a word with you?
我可以跟你私下说句话吗?
Fill me in on:告诉我关于...事情
I can't understand the new computer systerm.Can you fill me in on how it works?
我不太明白这种新的计算机系统.你能给我详细讲讲么?
I'd like to get filled in on what kind of company this is before I invest.
在投资之前,我想详细了解一下这家公司的情况.
Please fill me in on this new job of yours.
请告诉我关于你的新工作的情况.
Please fill me in on Bob and Mary's divorce.
请告诉我关于鲍伯和玛丽离婚的事.
Good man 人品很好,值得信任的人
I think you should hire Bob.He's a good man.He works really hard and he's always on time.
我觉得你该雇Bob.他人不错,干活卖力,总是很守时.
Of course,you have the permission to marry my daughter,young man.You're a good man.I've seen how you taked care of your family.
你当然可以娶我女儿,年轻人.你的人品很好.我知道你把家人照顾得很好.
Get lost in 在......迷失自己,陷入......
There's so much have to read.I feel like I'm gonna get lost in the stuff that's not important.
要读的东西太多了.我觉得我要被那些不怎么重要的资料绊住进度了.
It's so bad he got lost in all the excitement.If he had just stayed focused he could've been a great leader.
很遗憾他在荣誉和成绩面前迷失了自己.如果他能保持清醒的话,会是个伟大的领袖人物